Here are the 10 best Japanese restaurants in Fresno. Fresno, being located in the central California valley region, is home to a wide variety of cultural and ethnic contributions.
- Oka Japanese Restaurant:Avid fans will be forgiven for proclaiming the Oka as the best sushi and sashimi place in Fresno. The Spicy Beef Saikoro is excellent, the staff courteous, quick and friendly, the sushi, sashimi, tempura and the rest of the Japanese dishes prepared fresh or cooked supremely. The friendly staff will gladly guide the novice in relishing their sushi experience. Oka Japanese Restaurant 2040 West Bullard Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711-1210 (559) 432-1475
- Oishii Japanese Cuisine: The chefs come from the old Oyama Express that used to be located in the riverpark area. The sushi at Oishii is always prepared fresh from the highest quality ingredient. You can even savor a personal-touch sushi from your chef, on request. There are Karaoke nights every now and then. Oishii Japanese Cuisine 4462 West Ashlan Avenue, Fresno, CA 93722-4391 (559) 276-9300
- S 21 Sushi & Sake Bar: This place is so versatile that, even if you're not a sushi or sashimi person, there is a lot of alternative cooked items on the menu for, say, vegetarians or meat eaters. The Dynamite Chicken is not to be missed, with its unbelievably great and subtle tasting sauce – spicy but not too hot. The Dynamite Seafood is just as great, and the prices fair. Sushi & Sake Bar 5754 North 1st Street, Fresno, CA 93710-6204 (559) 438-7100
- Asuka Japanese Cuisine: The Asuka has great atmosphere and excellent staff who always offer a big greeting, complementing the great food. Lovers of sushi will readily concede that this is THE place to go. And they will surely be back for more many times. Asuka Japanese Cuisine 7089 North Marks Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711-0267 (559) 431-3700
- Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill: Samurai Sam's is a well-kept place located on "M" Street. Choose from the posted mix-and-match menu. Choose your protein, your rice and vegetables and one of four excellent sauces. The service is quick and precise, the food just plain excellent without need for adornment. Or, go for Yakisoba noodles instead of the rice. Great for a satisfying downtown lunch. Samurai Sam's Teriyaki Grill 855 M Street, Fresno, CA 93721-2753 (559) 443-2192
- Mr Sushi: Very attractive dishes and friendly service is what you'll often hear about Mr Sushi. The eight-piece Crispy Roll is a favorite of many loyal fans. With wonderful service, delicious sashimi, all combined with the fun of the Tower District, this place deserves a try. Mr Sushi 724 East Olive Avenue, Fresno, CA 93728-3331 (559) 485-3978
- Zipangu Japanese Restaurant:This sushi bar is THE place for many. The chefs are quite good and masterful in what they do. They even create tasty customized recommendations for the more adventurous. Though just a small restaurant, the service is impeccable. Fans love their hot and spicy fried rice. Zipangu Japanese Restaurant 5096 Northwest Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711-2901 (559) 431-2625
- Tokyo Garden: The Tokyo Garden has food that is very good, and the staff is excellent, quick and responsive, the live music just way cool, and the music (live) is typically good too! If you've never tried this restaurant, you need to because you'll like it and you'll keep coming. Tokyo Garden 1711 Fulton Street, Fresno, CA 93721-1622 (559) 268-3596
- Sakanaya: Service is what makes the Sakanaya awesome. Most clients have remained loyal customers since Day 1 because of the friendly and efficient staff. Aside fro being a great sushi bar, it is also a fine tepanyaki joint. Must tries include the mouth-watering escargot and the crusted eggplant with goat cheese. Sakanaya 9447 North Fort Washington Road, Fresno, CA 93730-0697 (559) 433-6607
- Maroo Japanese Korean Restaurant: Despite the dual-personality place, Maroo is a full sashimi and sushi bar offering imaginative rolls, and even a thoughtful healthy Kids Meal. Open for lunch, dinner, and to go seven days a week, it is, overall, a satisfying Japanese restaurant. The pricing structure makes it possible to try many different types in one sitting. Maroo Japanese Korean Restaurant 2075 West Bullard Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711(559) 449-0166
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.