Hawaii has more Japanese citizens than any other state in the union, and a myriad of quality Japanese restaurants to go with it; here are the ten best Japanese restaurants in Hawaii.
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar. With branches all over Hawaii, Sansei is quite simply the best Japanese restaurant you’ll find on the Islands. Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar, 1881 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753.
- Shokudo. This is the best Japanese restaurant in Honolulu. Shokudo, 1585 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Ichiriki Japanese Nabe. The best Japanese restaurant for nabe, a sort of “do it yourself” meal. Ichiriki Japanese Nabe, 510 Piikoi St, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Miyo’s. Critics often single out Miyo’s as the best Japanese restaurant in all of Hawaii. Miyo’s, 400 Hualani St, Hilo, HI 96720.
- Yanagi Sushi. The best Japanese restaurant in Hawaii for sushi. Yanagi Sushi, 762 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813.
- Tokoname Sushi Bar and Restaurant. Tokoname has very good sushi and sake. Tokoname Sushi Bar and Restaurant, 442 Uluniu St, Kailua, HI 96734.
- Kunio. Kunio boasts an extensive menu of traditional Japanese offerings. Kunio, 94-799 Lumiaina St, Waipahu, HI 96797.
- Gyu Kaku. Be your own chef at this Japanese steakhouse, which offers a selection of Kobe beef and seafood over an open grill. Gyu Kaku, 1221 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Tokkuri-Tei. Tokkuri-Tei was one of the original Honolulu izakaya-style restaurants, and remains great to this day. Tokkuri-Tei, 611 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815.
- Zenshu. Zenshu is particularly recommendable for its seafood dishes, such as MisoSakekasu Butterfish. Zenshu, 477 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”