Hawaii has more Japanese citizens than any other state in the union, and a myriad of quality Japanese restaurants to go with it; here are the ten best Japanese restaurants in Hawaii.
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar. With branches all over Hawaii, Sansei is quite simply the best Japanese restaurant you’ll find on the Islands. Sansei Seafood Restaurant & Sushi Bar, 1881 S Kihei Rd, Kihei, HI 96753.
- Shokudo. This is the best Japanese restaurant in Honolulu. Shokudo, 1585 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Ichiriki Japanese Nabe. The best Japanese restaurant for nabe, a sort of “do it yourself” meal. Ichiriki Japanese Nabe, 510 Piikoi St, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Miyo’s. Critics often single out Miyo’s as the best Japanese restaurant in all of Hawaii. Miyo’s, 400 Hualani St, Hilo, HI 96720.
- Yanagi Sushi. The best Japanese restaurant in Hawaii for sushi. Yanagi Sushi, 762 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813.
- Tokoname Sushi Bar and Restaurant. Tokoname has very good sushi and sake. Tokoname Sushi Bar and Restaurant, 442 Uluniu St, Kailua, HI 96734.
- Kunio. Kunio boasts an extensive menu of traditional Japanese offerings. Kunio, 94-799 Lumiaina St, Waipahu, HI 96797.
- Gyu Kaku. Be your own chef at this Japanese steakhouse, which offers a selection of Kobe beef and seafood over an open grill. Gyu Kaku, 1221 Kapiolani Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96814.
- Tokkuri-Tei. Tokkuri-Tei was one of the original Honolulu izakaya-style restaurants, and remains great to this day. Tokkuri-Tei, 611 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815.
- Zenshu. Zenshu is particularly recommendable for its seafood dishes, such as MisoSakekasu Butterfish. Zenshu, 477 Kapahulu Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96815.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.