Japanese food is a fixture on American menus, and Portland is no exception; the 10 best Japanese restaurants in Portland, Oregon, are located in almost every neighborhood. If it is traditional menus you seek or simply a wide variety of sushi, Portland offers all the possibilities in Japanese restaurants. Consider these superior locations for your next Japanese restaurant dining experience:
- Masu Sushi. This restaurant offers fine traditional Japanese meals and a wide selection of sushi. The word Masu refers to a box made of hinoki wood and carries a great tradition. This tradition is preserved inside the restaurant and carefully crafted around exquisite meals and fresh sake. Masu Sushi: 406 SW 13th Ave., Portland, Oregon 97205.
- Sinju Restaurant. This restaurant offers Japanese dining at its most romantic. The menu offers many favorite dishes cooked to perfection and plated as you would expect from such a classy Japanese restaurant. Offering a dimly lit, quiet ambiance to bring out the romantic in you, this location is sure to impress. Sinju Restaurant: 1022 NW Johnson St., Portland, Oregon 97209.
- Yoko’s Japanese Restaurant. Yoko's is a down-home, family-owned Portland staple, with fine traditional fare and a staff that will make your dining experience a pleasure. The food is perfectly prepared and the prices are more then reasonable, making for a great family dining experience. Yoko’s Japanese Restaurant: 2878 SE Gladstone St., Portland, Oregon 97202.
- Hiroshi's Restaurant. Hiroshi's has been a fixture in Portland for over ten years, offering fresh, unique menu items. Its sushi is proclaimed as Portland’s best, with innovative fare to entice the accomplished sushi customer. Hiroshi's Restaurant: 926 NW 10th Ave., Portland, Oregon 97209.
- Osakaya Japanese Restaurant. Osakaya offers traditional Japanese cuisine in a traditional setting; do not look for a fork here! It presents a very extensive sushi menu served in a traditional manner. If sushi is your desire, then this is the place for you. Osakaya Japanese Restaurant: 7007 SW Macadam Ave., Portland, Oregon 97219.
- Mio Sushi. Mio Sushi is a Portland favorite for reasonably-priced and freshly-prepared Japanese cooking. With nearly fifteen years of serving the Portland area, this family-run business offers some of the finest bento combinations in the state. Mio Sushi: 2271 NW Johnson St., Portland, Oregon 97210.
- Takuni. Takuni specializes in Japanese beer and rice sake and the foods that are made to go with them. It is a beautiful Japanese restaurant with well-prepared and plated food to go with a large selection of traditional drinks. An interesting and fun locale with a great staff, this place is sure to please. Takuni: 413 NW 21st Ave., Portland, OR 97209.
- Murata Restaurant. This place offers a supreme sushi experience. Tatami rooms are available for the full sushi experience, relaxation and tradition with expected Japanese service. As with many Japanese restaurants, the owner and chef, Mr. Murata, is there to greet and care for his clientele. Murata Restaurant: 200 SW Market St., Suite 105, Portland, OR 97201.
- Yakuza Lounge. The Yakuza Lounge is a classy and upbeat Japanese restaurant with a fine menu and atmosphere that promotes a relaxing, kickback experience, perfect to share with friends. Their scallops are supposed to be the best in the west. Yakuza Lounge: 5411 NE 30th Ave., Portland, Oregon 97211.
- Biwa Restaurant. Biwa is yakitori and udon heaven. This simple restaurant also offers vegan dining. Quaint and relaxing, this Japanese restaurant is necessary for those who love their rice and noodles with those crazy sticks of meat. Biwa Restaurant: 215 SE 9th Ave., #102, Portland, Oregon 97214.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …