The 10 best Japanese restaurants in San Diego offer a spice of life in Japanese cuisine and unbeatable service. The Japanese pride themselves on service and making their guest feel at home. Each of these Japanese restaurants provides fine dining and exceptional service. Sit back, relax, and take in the dining experience of these ten exceptional Japanese restaurants.
- Tajami Sushi and Japanese Tapas Restaurant is as fine as Japanese dining can get. This is a five star restaurant offering superior and traditional dishes with an ambiance that only mother Japan could beat. Tajami Sushi and Japanese Tapas Restaurant: 4681 Convoy St., Ste 1, San Diego, California 92111.
- Wa Dining Okan offers transitional dishes and an open sake bar. This restaurant boasts a cozy environment with fantastic meals and superior service. Wa Dining Okan: 3860 Convoy St., #110 San Diego, California 92111.
- Robata-ya Oton is an excellent dining experience with a hometown feel. Small booths or rooms allow for intimacy and privacy, this is an excellent date spot or a romantic getaway dinner for two. Robata-ya Oton 5447 Kearny Villa Rd.Ste D. San Diego, California 92123.
- Santouka Ramen offers ramen in ways you probably never thought you could taste ramen. This is a hot spot among the locals for good reason, great food, super staff and fun times. Santouka Ramen: Mitsuwa Food Court 4240 Kearny Mesa Rd., San Diego, California 92111.
- Sushi Ota is the finest in sushi bars in San Diego, with a saki bar made especially for sushi on hand. These are good eats and offer a wide variety. Simply the best sushi menu in the region. Sushi Ota: 4529 Mission Bay Dr., San Diego, California 92109.
- Taka Restaurant offers best of San Diego dinner and sushi. This is an upscale location with plenty of good food and spirits. Taka Restaurant: 555 5th Ave, San Diego, California 92101.
- Niban Japanese Restaurantis a local favorite, offering traditional fare. Great internationally known chef and a wonderful staff and sake menu. Great place to take the family for a relaxing dinner away from home. Niban Japanese Restaurant: 7081 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, #101, San Diego, California 92111. (858) 268-0465
- Chiba Japanese offers down home cooking with plates overflowing with food. This is a fun place to meet up with friends and enjoy a meal together. Chiba Japanese: 10435 San Diego Mission Rd, San Diego, California 92108.
- Toshi Sushi offers a huge menu of sushi treats as well as beer and saki. This is a friendly location with many a tale to tell; great folks and equally good sushi. Toshi Sushi: 5943 El Cajon Blvd, San Diego, California 92115.
- Osaka Japanese Food and Sushi offers an inland specific menu but also has sushi choices. Great lunch locale for those mid afternoon cravings. Osaka Japanese Food and Sushi: 4242 Camino Del Rio N, #26, San Diego, California 92108.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.