The 10 best Japanese restaurants in San Jose are internationally known palaces of fine Japanese cuisine. The best Japanese restaurants in San Jose all have one thing in common: traditional Japanese fare with a touch of Japan. Japanese restaurants make for a popular gathering place for friends and family. If you are entertaining out of town guests or simply looking for fine food, excellent service and a great atmosphere, the Japanese restaurants below will more than satisfy:
- Kyoto Palace Japanese Steakhouse is recognized as a Bay area best. The six-foot grill is an impressive sight, where your master chef will prepare your meal before your eyes. A thirty-year fixture in the San Jose area delivering the freshest steak and seafood in the bay and Valley combines. Kyoto Palace Japanese Steakhouse: 1875 South Bascom Ave., Campbell, California 95008.
- Sushi Chocolate & Tofu House is a classy Japanese restaurant that serves top-flight sushi and traditional fare and no the sushi really isn't a mix of chocolate and raw fish. Instead, they serve the best in the west sushi and offer some of the best Korean dishes in the area. Sushi Chocolate & Tofu House: 595 E El Camino Real San Jose, California 94087.
- Tsugaru Japanese Restaurantoffers a relaxing environment of bamboo rooms and a friendly and efficient staff. Known mostly for their sushi and sashimi, Tsugaru has become a staple in a Jose and a fun weekend spot. Tsugaru Japanese Restaurant: 224 Jackson St., #A, San Jose, California 95112.
- Okayama Restaurant boasts authentic Japanese cuisine in a tradition and relaxing environment. The staff is friendly and the excellent chef spins up some of the finest in Japanese food, forty-plus years of staying power and you cannot go wrong. Okayama Restaurant: 565 N 6th St., #A, San Jose, California 95112.
- Kuboto Restaurant and Bar is an elegant restaurant in a contemporary setting. They offer a spin on traditional far with some rarities in Japanese cuisine such as tempura lobster, ox tongue and grilled duck. Recommend you call ahead for reservation for this one. Kuboto Restaurant and Bar: 593 N 5th St., San Jose, California 95112.
- Bluefin Japanese Restaurant &Lounge defines elegance in Japanese dining. Do not let the beautiful setting fool you, however, the menu is equally impressive. Offering a wide variety from bento boxes to tradition sushi all finely plated and presented. Bluefin Japanese Restaurant & Lounge: 754 The Alameda, Ste 10, San Jose, California 95126.
- Sushi Okawa Japanese Restaurant offers fine sushi dining with a traditional flavor as well as some modern twist offered by the master chef. This is a quaint restaurant with a pleasing staff and traditional values, fine sushi and very well prepared teriyaki. Sushi Okawa Japanese Restaurant: 5657 Snell Ave., San Jose, California 95123.
- Kazoo Restaurantoffers traditional setting, locating in Japan Town, Kazoo is the only restaurant offering Tatami rooms. The waitresses are in traditional kimonos and the chefs offer traditional Japanese fanfare. This is truly a Japanese experience with food to match the transition, robust and delicious. Kazoo Restaurant: 250 Jackson St., San Jose, California 95112.
- Minato Japanese Cuisineis a sit down and kick your feet up with a tall glass of Sapporo. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is truly a relaxing. This is definitely a fun spot to grab a few friends tip back a few and enjoy some fine sushi. Minato Japanese Cuisine: 617 N 6th St., San Jose, California 95112.
- Kaita Japanese Restaurant specializes in central Japan fare with unique flavors and some hidden twists. 215 Jackson St., San Jose, California 95112.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.