For the 10 best Jason Schwartzman quotes, we turned to movie lines and interviews. Schwartzman is an American actor best known for his work in "Rushmore," "I Heart Huckabees," "Shopgirl," and "The Darjeeling Limited." He also stars in the HBO comedy series, "Bored to Death," where he plays an unlicensed detective advertising his service on Craigslist.
The son of producer Jack Schwartzman and actress Talia Shire, Jason Schwartzman is a member of the Coppola family, one of Hollywood’s most celebrated clans. After nine years as a drummer with Phantom Planet, he left his band in 2003 to pursue acting full-time. Here are ten of the best quotes from this musician-turned-actor.
- "He just nailed it. I don’t know how he nailed it; that’s why he’s Steve Martin. He’s a scientist of the heart, or something." Schwartzman worked with Steve Martin in the movie "Shopgirl."
- "It looks like fish tank rocks. Chocolate rocks! …if you catch the pun." Schwartzman shared his opinion when actress Claire Danes remarked on the candy dish set out during a roundtable interview with a movie critic ("they look really beautiful").
- "Congratulations. You've officially gone on a date with Jeremy. Don't forget to hold the handle when you lock the door." Schwartzman said this line as his "Shopgirl" character, Jeremy Kraft.
- "I'm talking about not covering every square inch with houses and strip malls until you can't remember what happens when you stand in a meadow at dusk." This quote comes from his Albert Markovski character in the movie "I Heart Huckabees."
- "Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks." As Max Fisher, Schwartzman gave us this memorable quote from the movie "Rushmore."
- "Also, you'll find a pair of safety glasses and some earplugs under your seats. Please feel free to use them." Another quote from "Rushmore," Max Fisher makes this announcement as he introduces his play, "Heaven and Hell."
- "I wonder if the three of us would've been friends in real life. Not as brothers, but as people." This Schwartzman quote comes from "The Darjeeling Limited," in the role of Jack, one of three American brothers on a spiritual journey across India.
- "How can a train be lost? It's on rails." As Jack, Schwartzman makes this remark to his brother, Peter, played by Adrien Brody in "The Darjeeling Limited."
- "After I quit my band, I definitely was so full, like I'm so full I could never eat again." Schwartzman shared this comment after he quit his band, Phantom Planet, to pursue his acting career.
- "I just find that the harder you work and the more effort you put into yourself, the better you'll be." Such is this final bit of insight, rounding out our list of the ten best Jason Schwartzman quotes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.