What exactly are the 10 best Jay-Z "The Blueprint" quotes, from the first installment from his trilogy of "The Blueprint" albums? With Jay-Z's wit and diverse world-view, choosing just 10 quotes from "The Blueprint" is the real problem. So after careful consideration, here comes the top 10 Jay-Z quotes from the first volume of "The Blueprint".
- The number quote from "The Blueprint", and most memorable moment, is when Jay-Z says: "A wise man told me don't argue with fools, cause people from a distance can't tell who is who". This quote from "Takeover" finds Jay-Z offering this valuable advice amid verbal warfare: being above ignorance is the best way to not become cursed by it.
- On "Never Change" , Jay-Z addresses loyalty with this quote: "Plead the fifth when it comes to the fam, I'm like a dog – I never speak, but I understand". Jay-Z effortlessly provides another intricate idea in layman's terms for anyone to understand.
- With "Hola' Hovito", Jay-Z enters familiar territory – reminding other rappers of their inferiority. This quote absorbs all the light from the brightest superstar: "Yeah you shining but the only thing you're leaving out, you're a candle in the sun – that shit don't even out".
- Speaking of familiar territory, the "Girls, Girls, Girls" remix says it all with it's title. Jay-Z teaches the opposite sex a course in intimacy with this quote: "She call me professor, say daddy come and test her, so she could fail on purpose and repeat the semester".
- On "Breath Easy" (Lyrical Exercise) this quote informs competition on why their performance is out of shape: "Y'all ain't real, that's y'all Achilles Heel, same routine when you see me you know the drill". In other words – know your own strength, or lack thereof, before recording any song.
- The message is don't settle for any compromise with this quote from "Izzo"(H.O.V.A.): "Industry shady it need to be taken over, label owners hate me I'm raising the status quo up". Being a leader will always be in style.
- Jay-Z's anti-hate quote from "Heart of the City" mixes cleverness with common sense. When he says: "Yung'uns ice-grilling me, oh – you not feeling me? Fine, it cost you nothing – pay me no mind" it makes you realize that your energy could be put to better use focusing on something you do like if his music is for you.
- Once again we find another interesting quote on the song "Takeover". Jay-Z's advice to his antagonists is summed up with this statement: "Do not bark up that tree, that tree will fall on you, I don't know why your advisors ain't forewarn you"
- Jay-Z's street perspective is in high-definition resolution with this quote from "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)": "I seen hoop dreams deflate like a true fiend's weight, To try and to fail, the two things I hate". Apparently, obstacles are not an issue – just a temporary challenge.
- On "U Don't Know" Jay-Z defines the strengths of the business savvy with blatant confidence. When he says: "I sell ice in the winter, I sell fire in hell, I am a hustler baby, I'll sell water to a well" you want to sign up for an internship immediately.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."