10 Best Jay Z Quotes For Facebook Status
The 10 Best Jay-Z quotes for Facebook statuses encompass a wide variety of the American rapper and businessman's ideals and beliefs. Whether Jay-Z, aka Hova, is speaking to the press or through song lyrics, his quotes are both inspirational and intriguing. As former founder and CEO of Rock-a-Fella Records, part owner of the New Jersey Nets and creator of the clothing line Rocawear, Jay-Z's success on the mic is equaled if not bettered by his business endeavors.
- "Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself." This Jay-Z quote comes from the song "A Dream" from The Blueprint 2: The Gift & the Curse, a double-album. The song features Faith Evans and clips from the Notorious B.I.G. song "Juicy." It makes a great Facebook status and represents personal growth and motivation.
- "I'd rather die enormous than live dormant." This lyric comes from the song "Can I Live" on the album Reasonable Doubt. With this lyric, Jay-Z is stating that he'd rather go out on top than have all his potential be unlocked and unnoticed.
- "I'm far from God, but I work god damn hard." From "Breathe Easy," off The Blueprint, Jay-Z expresses his humbleness and his work ethic in one breath in this Facebook-worthy status.
- "I will not lose, for even in defeat, there's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me." From the song "Blueprint 2," off The Blueprint 2 album, this is the perfect motivational Facebook status for yourself and and your friends.
- "I'm not a businessman, I'm a business...man." From "Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix," off the Late Registration album, this is one of Jay-Z's most oft-quoted lyrics, suggesting that he is a business in and of himself.
- "Ain't nothin' wrong with the aim, just gotta change the target." From "American Dreamin'," off the American Gangsta album, this Jay-Z quote suggests that you may have the right skills and motivation, you just have to focus it on the right goals to be successful.
- “Treat my first like my last, and my last like my first and my thirst is the same as when I came.” From "My 1st Album" off The Black Album, this quote is worthy of a Facebook status. Jay-Z is saying that, by treating his first like his last and visa versa, he is able to find the same motivation and inspiration every time.
- “He who does not feel me is not real to me.” From "H to the Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" off The Blueprint, this lyric means that Jay-Z does not recognize those who do not respect him. He will not let their negativity impact his life.
- "Lord forgive me I never would've made it without sin." This quote from "Free Mason," a song off Rick Ross' album Teflon Don, is Jay-Z at his most honest. He realizes he could not have enjoyed such success without sin, perhaps relating to his sins involving money-making. This is a great self-realization Facebook status.
- "Nine to five is how to survive. I ain't tryin' to survive, I'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot." From "D'Evils" off the album Reasonable Doubt, Hova realized that the nine-to-five workday just wasn't for him. He knew that he wouldn't be able to reach his potential if he worked for someone else. This is a great motivational quote if you are an entrepreneur like Jay-Z and want to update your Facebook status to let your friends know about it.