The 10 Best Jay-Z quotes for Facebook statuses encompass a wide variety of the American rapper and businessman's ideals and beliefs. Whether Jay-Z, aka Hova, is speaking to the press or through song lyrics, his quotes are both inspirational and intriguing. As former founder and CEO of Rock-a-Fella Records, part owner of the New Jersey Nets and creator of the clothing line Rocawear, Jay-Z's success on the mic is equaled if not bettered by his business endeavors.
- "Remind yourself. Nobody built like you, you design yourself." This Jay-Z quote comes from the song "A Dream" from The Blueprint 2: The Gift & the Curse, a double-album. The song features Faith Evans and clips from the Notorious B.I.G. song "Juicy." It makes a great Facebook status and represents personal growth and motivation.
- "I'd rather die enormous than live dormant." This lyric comes from the song "Can I Live" on the album Reasonable Doubt. With this lyric, Jay-Z is stating that he'd rather go out on top than have all his potential be unlocked and unnoticed.
- "I'm far from God, but I work god damn hard." From "Breathe Easy," off The Blueprint, Jay-Z expresses his humbleness and his work ethic in one breath in this Facebook-worthy status.
- "I will not lose, for even in defeat, there's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens up for me." From the song "Blueprint 2," off The Blueprint 2 album, this is the perfect motivational Facebook status for yourself and and your friends.
- "I'm not a businessman, I'm a business…man." From "Diamonds from Sierra Leone Remix," off the Late Registration album, this is one of Jay-Z's most oft-quoted lyrics, suggesting that he is a business in and of himself.
- "Ain't nothin' wrong with the aim, just gotta change the target." From "American Dreamin'," off the American Gangsta album, this Jay-Z quote suggests that you may have the right skills and motivation, you just have to focus it on the right goals to be successful.
- “Treat my first like my last, and my last like my first and my thirst is the same as when I came.” From "My 1st Album" off The Black Album, this quote is worthy of a Facebook status. Jay-Z is saying that, by treating his first like his last and visa versa, he is able to find the same motivation and inspiration every time.
- “He who does not feel me is not real to me.” From "H to the Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" off The Blueprint, this lyric means that Jay-Z does not recognize those who do not respect him. He will not let their negativity impact his life.
- "Lord forgive me I never would've made it without sin." This quote from "Free Mason," a song off Rick Ross' album Teflon Don, is Jay-Z at his most honest. He realizes he could not have enjoyed such success without sin, perhaps relating to his sins involving money-making. This is a great self-realization Facebook status.
- "Nine to five is how to survive. I ain't tryin' to survive, I'm tryin' to live it to the limit and love it a lot." From "D'Evils" off the album Reasonable Doubt, Hova realized that the nine-to-five workday just wasn't for him. He knew that he wouldn't be able to reach his potential if he worked for someone else. This is a great motivational quote if you are an entrepreneur like Jay-Z and want to update your Facebook status to let your friends know about it.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.