10 Best Jay Z Quotes On Success
Due to his achievements in both artistic and business endeavors, many people are interested in the 10 best Jay Z quotes on success. No matter if you listen to his music or his interviews, it is possible to catch a glimpse of the habits and strategies that propelled Jay to the top. Here are the best Jay Z quotes on success.
- “I wish you health. I wish you wheels. I wish you wealth. I wish you insight so you could see for yourself.” "American Dreamin’" on the "American Gangster" album. Jay encourages others to attain his level of success.
- “Mazel tov, it's a celebration bitches. L'Chaim. I wish for you a hundred years of success but it's my time.” "Roc Boys (And The Winner Is)" on the "American Gangster" album. In this radio hit, Jay Z wishes other rappers the best of luck but cautions them it won't matter--it's his time to shine.
- “What do I think of success? It sucks. Too much stress.” "Success" on the "American Gangster" album. In this historic duet with Nas, Jay Z gives us the downside of success.
- “I'm not a businessman; I'm a business, man! Let me handle my business, damn.” "Diamonds (Remix)". Jay-Z steals the show from Kanye West on this remix where he declares his iconic brand status.
- "People respect success. They respect big. They don't even have to like your music. If you're big enough, people are drawn to you." [in an interview with Men’s Health]. If you were wondering what Jay's thoughts are on success away from the microphone now you know.
- “I’m on the practice field running two a day so I don’t drop the ball when it’s threw my way.” "Off that [feat. Drake]" "Blueprint 3". Jigga advocates being prepared for opportunity when it knocks.
- "Never forget those true things that you stick to, your basic things that make you successful." [in an interview with Forbes]. When Forbes magazine interviewed Jay Z he offered some insight into his own success.
- "I gotta keep it real. It’s gonna take seven movies by Will. Seven movies at 20 mil and you’re still ten short from what I did with one deal. Don’t compare me to nobody. I’d rather not be mentioned. I’m offended. Unless you’re talking Sinatra, James Dean. Or John Lennon. Or Jimi Hendrix. I’m just a rock star bitch.” "Blow the Whistle" Jay Z brags about his successful career as a recording artist and how much money his sales generate.
- “Most kings get their head cut off.” "Most Kingz [feat. Chris Martin]". This gem of a song from Jay Z is all about the price of fame and success.
- “Ask Michael. See Martin; see Malcolm; see Biggie; see Pac. See success and its outcome. See Jesus; see Judas; see Caesar; see Brutus. See success is like suicide.” "Most Kingz [feat. Chris Martin ]". Jay Z gives a list of very success people and warns us against the backlash of success.