Whether you are a true Chicagoan, or you plan on visiting this windy city that started the jazz music sounds, this is the only guide you will need to the 10 best jazz bars in Chicago. Located in various areas of Chicago, you will find that each one of these lounges hold their own specials and memories that are sure to be unforgettable.
- Club Blujazz: This modern jazz lounge is located in West Town, with talented acts playing seven nights a week. The cover charge on weekdays is $8, while on the weekends it rises up between $20 and $30. You will enjoy the full bar selection, and a dinner menu fit to suit any appetite and flavors, along with desserts that will captivate your taste buds. (1540 W. North Ave, Chicago, IL, 60642, (773)360-8046)
- Reggie's Music Joint: At this club located near the South Side of Chicago, you will enjoy some of the best and least expensive specials around including $1 tacos, $3 vodka cocktails, and $5 all you can eat sloppy joes. Enjoy the sounds of live jazz bands, indie rock, and plenty of entertainment in between. Cover charges do not apply unless there is certain live acts playing at the time. (2105 S. State St, Chicago, IL 60616, (312)949-0120.
- Silvie's Lounge: Come to Silvie's and enjoy a lively, yet casual scene, any night, for all ages. With the tiled floors, navy blue walls, and vinyl high top tables, you will enjoy all the sounds of music which play here ranging from jazz, to Latin, to hip hop. Do not forget your donation at the door, and they only take cash, with other fun entertainment opportunities such as pool tables and darts, along with late night drink and pizza specials. (1902 W. Irving Park Rd., Chicago, IL, 60613, (773)871-6239)
- Brando's Speakeasy: Located in the Loop area of Chicago, enjoy this small jazz venue which is fit for after work drinks, or late night lounging. Either way you are sure to have a great time with their italian cuisine, bottle service, full bar, and never pay over $15. Enjoy a martini while you are dancing the night away on their many dance floors. (343 S. Dearborn St, Chicago, IL, 60604, (312)265-1823)
- Close Up 2- Live Smooth Jazz Club: Enjoy an intimate night every night here with live jazz sounds daily, located in the Loop area of Chicago. With a $5 cover charge, full bar, and the art deco environment, you are sure to enjoy any night spent here in this great lounge. (416 S. Clark St, Chicago, IL, 60605, (312)385-1111)
- M Lounge: Located in the South Loop section, enjoy contemporary jazz in this neutral colored environment. Enjoy their signature martinis that you will find no where else in Chicago, with no cover charge and $5 cocktails. (1520 S Wabash St, Chicago, IL, 60605, (312)447-0201)
- Clark Street Lounge: Enjoy this intimate jazz and piano bar located in Lakeview area, with always cover free performances. This is a gay and lesbian caberet lounge that is always dimly lit. (3160 N Clark St., Chicago, IL, 60657 (312)527-2269)
- Checkerboard Lounge: This blues and jazz lounge requires a cover charge between $3-$20 depending on the days and the acts, located in Hyde Park. This is considerd to be a cozy environment for anyone to enjoy while listening to the live sounds of jazz. (5201 S. Harper Ct, Chicago, IL, 60615, (773)684-1472)
- Gallery Caberet: This local dive features improv comedy acts on a weekly basis, and live jazz from local acts. Located in Wicker Park, you are sure to enjoy this old school lounge. (2020 N Oakley Ave, Chicago, IL, 60647, (773)489-5471)
- Redmoon: This modern lounge located in Arlington Heights, is based on a roaring twenties jazz theme. Enjoy live music with cover charges never being over $9, and warm hues in the atmosphere to keep anyone entertained all night long. (70 S. Arlington Heights Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005, (847)670-4870)
Make sure you check out all these ten best jazz bars in Chicago, and decide which lounge is your number one.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...