The 10 best Jewish wedding songs follow along with the traditions in the Jewish faith. Many of the songs are of Middle Eastern decent and are played on traditional instruments. Modern Jewish brides and grooms use these songs to carry on long standing honors of the marriage ceremony.
- "Ani L'Dodi Li" The song was originally written by King Solomon and the lyrics are found in the Biblical book "The Song of Solomon". This declaration of love between a husband and wife makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs.
- "And You Shall Be a Blessing" – Debbie Friedman. Available with traditional Hebrew lyrics or in English, this song makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs. The song is written from the groom's point of view and tells of the blessings a wife will bring him.
- "Wedding Song" – Greg Taubman. Taubman's song has been used for more than 25 years during wedding ceremonies. The sweet lyrics of the cycle of life place it on the list of best Jewish wedding songs.
- "Wedding Music" – Safam. The band Safam has been creating and recreating traditional Hebrew music for special occasions since 1974. Considered the premier group of their kind, their most popular piece makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs.
- "Erev Shel Shashanim" This solemn traditional Israeli song is often used for the bridesmaid procession. It's long standing use puts it on the list of best Jewish wedding songs.
- "Sabbath Prayer" This "Fiddler on the Roof" selection has made it's way into modern Jewish weddings. The lyrical song of praise makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs for it's English translation of a Hebrew prayer.
- "Russian Shar". A very old song known by many Russian Jews makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs. The upbeat music is sometimes used at the end of the ceremony to kick off the after party celebrations.
- "Sunrise, Sunset" Another song from "Fiddler on the Roof" makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs. This song is played at the main character's daughter's wedding in the play and has crept its way into modern Jewish weddings.
- "Philly Wedding Bulgar" – South Coast Simcha Band. This ultra modern take on Hebrew traditions makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs. The upbeat music makes for great post ceremony celebratory music.
- "Raisins and Almonds" This traditional Israeli song makes the list of best Jewish wedding songs. It's lyrics tell of sharing and enjoying all the thing of life with your mate.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”