10 Best Jobs Without A Degree
With the cost of college rising and no guarantee of a job after, it’s not surprising that people want the best jobs without a degree. By the time you borrow money to finish off those four or five years of school, you’ll be in debt and spend years getting yourself out. Some jobs still pay well, but don’t require college.
- Real estate brokers need a license to practice, but this only requires classroom training. Brokers handle the deal between a client buying a property and the person selling it. It’s one of the best jobs without a degree because workers have the potential to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars each year.
- A sales manager handles all aspects of the sales team and store. This includes hiring new employees, training workers, running the front counter and working with customers. Many managers work their way up and start out as a member of the sales team.
- Another of the best jobs without a degree is driving a truck. Truck drivers do need some formal training and a specialized license, but it’s much less than jobs for college students. The demand for these workers is consistently increasing.
- Home health aides are constantly needed by private clients. Aides usually work for a company and handle several individual clients, doing work around the house, cleaning up after the person and handling other minor details.
- Those with a background in health and nutrition have the option of becoming a personal trainer. A personal trainer sets up a diet and exercise plan for an individual and works with them on a consistent basis to ensure they do their work.
- Motivational speaking is another field that falls under the area of best jobs without a degree. Speakers usually have a passion for one area or experience in that field and markets their talks to colleges, schools, groups and organizations.
- Gaming supervisors work in any area with casinos, including Las Vegas, Atlantic City and even Indiana. The supervisor handles all aspects of the gaming floor, including keeping customers happy and watching for employee theft.
- Another of the best jobs without a degree is the world of appraising. Appraisers value items for individual clients and auction houses. The position requires on-the-job training and many workers do an apprenticeship with the company first.
- Private detective work is one of the best jobs without a degree for those who like working on their own. Detectives typically work with private clients and then investigate the claims or interest of the client. Those who are good, can contract out some of the work.
- Bond enforcement is another area of criminal justice open to those without formal education. The job requires formal training, but is usually done through correspondence courses. Bond enforcement agents find those who jumped bail and may be paid on a hourly rate or given a percentage of the bail total.