10 Best John Mayer Quotes From Songs
The singer-songwriter John Mayer has had a large amount of influence on the musical world for the last decade, so any John Mayer fan should know the top 10 best John Mayer quotes from songs. Though there are many lines in his music that most people would deem quotable, these are just some of the very interesting quotes from John Mayer’s music.
- “By the time I recognize this moment This moment will be gone But I will bend the light, pretend that it/ somehow lingered on” from “Clarity” - This song exemplifies the main theme of this song, trying to preserve the moments of life you never want to leave.
- “But I'd gladly go out in a flame If a flame's what it takes to remember my name” from “Bigger than my Body” - A song that tells how the singer is feeling about the love of his life.
- “But then the circle of your friends will defend the silver lining” from "The Heart of Life" - A song about how friendship and loyalty is a very important thing in life.
- “I'd rather be a mystery than she desert me” from “My Stupid Mouth” - A puzzling and perplexing line that is much simpler than it seems on the outside. It simply means that the singer would rather make himself scarce than lose a woman.
- “If you want love, we’ll make it!” from the song “Your Body is a Wonderland” - A clever play on words that alludes to sensual activities, this song is full of them.
- Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do. Girls become lovers, who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too” from “Daughters” - A curious song about daughters, but, in its prose, it makes perfect sense.
- "Lightning strike, inside my chest to keep me up at night. I dream of ways, to make you understand my pain" from “Feel No Pain” - An angrier song about how the singer wants to change his life.
- "I’m in the war of my life, I’m at the core of my life, got no choice but to fight til it’s done" from “Way of my Life” - A song that tells about the internal struggle of the singer that is trying as hard as he can to get through the labyrinth of life.
- “I'm perfectly lonely, because I don’t belong to anyone and nobody belongs to me" from “Perfectly Lonely” - A song that uses irony to exemplify how loneliness is a terrible thing.
- “I love the shape you take when you’re crawling for the pillow case” from “Your Body is a Wonderland” - Another quote from this extremely sensual song. This one is even more sensual, but in a vague sense.
Though there are many quotes from John Mayer songs, these are some of the most interesting and appealing to any John Mayer fan.