The 10 best kid singers have risen beyond their fifteen minutes to make an impact on their fans. Here's a list of ten singers who found success at a young age and continue to show great promise.
- Jackie Evancho's flawless opera-style singing voice made her the kid singer that everyone was talking about in 2010. Evancho will perform in the "American Christmas Carol" show in December 2010 at Carnegie Hall in New York City, which will make her the youngest female vocal soloist to ever perform there.
- Greyson Chance was discovered by Ellen DeGeneres, and was invited to perform on her show. At thirteen years old, this promising kid singer debuted his first single, "Waiting Outside the Lines," in October 2010. The song was the 32nd most downloaded single on a popular music download site the following day.
- Justin Bieber has been called the new prince of pop. His first album, "My World," debuted in 2009 when Bieber was fifteen years old, and was certified platinum in the United States. Bieber is the first artist to have seven songs from a debut album land on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- At age eleven, Bianca Ryan won first place in the debut season of the television series "America's Got Talent." Ryan's first album was released in 2006, reaching number 57 on the Billboard 200. Ryan continues to receive accolades from critics and big-shots in the music industry who are impressed by her larger-than-life voice. This is one kid singer to watch out for.
- Nick Jonas is a talented kid singer who should not be overlooked. Jonas performed on Broadway at the age of seven and in 2003, when Jonas was eleven years old, INO Records released his single, "Joy to the World (A Christmas Prayer)" to Christian radio where it did very well. Jonas and his brothers were discovered by Columbia Records and Nick continues to pursue a solo career.
- Daughter of country singer Billy Ray Cyrus, it's no surprise that Miley Cyrus is talented. At age twelve, she was cast as Hannah Montana in the popular television series of the same name. At fourteen, Cyrus released an album entitled, "Hannah Montana: Meet Miley Cyrus", which reached number one on the Billboard 200 and was certified three times platinum.
- Gina Marie Incandela is known as the lucky charm of the Orlando Magic. This tiny singer with a giant voice has performed the National Anthem at events all over the country. Her strength to overcome autism and perform in front of national audiences has warmed hearts around the world.
- Charlotte Church became known internationally as the girl with "the voice of an angel." At age fourteen, she was ranked second among UK showbiz celebrities under thirty years old in gross income, proving to the world she is without a doubt one of the most successful kid singers of our time.
- LeAnn Rimes rocked the country music world at age thirteen with her debut single, "Blue", which took number three on the pop charts. "One Way Ticket (Because I Can)", released later the same year, reached number one on the Billboard Country Chart. Rimes released three albums by the age of eighteen and secured her place in musical history as one of the best kid singers.
- Michael Jackson became the lead singer of the Jackson Five at the age of five years old. Their singles "I Want You Back," "ABC," "The Love You Save," and "I'll Be There," hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Fans were fascinated by the range of emotion this kid singer, Jackson, was capable of. Jackson, also known as the King of Pop, became unstoppable and continued to be extremely successful until his death in June 2009.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.