The 10 best Kobe Bryant quotes about basketball are particularly revealing. They reveal much regarding the life of the best NBA player after Michael Jordan, as well as his passion, focus and drive for the game. Here are 10 of the best Kobe Bryant quotes about basketball.
- "Everything negative—pressure, challenges—is all an opportunity for me to rise." Kobe Bryant is known for his clutch performances, which stem from his ability to rise about pressure and challenges.
- "These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." Perhaps one of Kobe's greatest assets is his awareness and craftiness within the game of basketball, which is dangerous with regards to his skills.
- "I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant." This comment was made in response to Kobe being the next Jordan. Kobe Bryant has maintained that his legacy is separate. For him it's not a question of who is the greater basketball star.
- "I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot." Bryant has as times come under fire for not being a team player. With this quote, he states that he'll do what it takes to win, which he has demonstrated when needed.
- "I was so frustrated by the loss the other night I was going to will us to victory." Kobe continues to take over games when needed. He is known for his competitive spirit, which does emulate Jordan's drive in the game.
- "I was just letting the shots fly. You know, I don't leave any bullets in the chamber." Kobe's prolific scoring ability is matched quite well with his determination, as seen in this quote.
- "Phil prepares us so well, and wants us to pay attention to the details." One of the greatest basketball coaches ever, Phil Jackson, has had the honor of coaching both Bryant and Jordan. Kobe Bryant has acknowledged Phil's role time and time again.
- "That's not what we play for. That's not what it's about. It's not to score 70 points. We wanted to win the game, and the game was in the bag. It was in the refrigerator." Kobe has taken heat for being too much and too little of a playmaker. Kobe here acknowledges that he does not have to score tons of points to get the win, which is the real goal.
- "The guy said NBA players are one in a million… I said, 'Man, look, I'm going to be that one in a million.'" As was evident when Kobe came into the game from high school, he has had that drive to make it in the NBA and be the best basketball player he can be.
- "As far as carrying the torch for the years to come, I don't know. I just want to be the best basketball player I can be." Similar to what happened with Jordan, Kobe is now asked who will follow in his footsteps. As he has eloquently stated, Kobe is not worried about that.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.