From simple grilled fish to a full rack of lamb cooked by classically trained French chefs, a quick bite or a long leisurely dinner, the ten best kosher restaurants in Los Angeles have something for everyone.
- A Cow Jumped Over the Moon is part Kosher dairy, and part Italian, French and Japanese fusion cuisine. The restaurant boasts sushi chefs trained at Katsuya, a charming garden patio, private dining rooms and an active nightlife. Reservations recommended. 421 North Rodeo Dr., Beverly Hills, CA 90210.
- Fish Grill uses mesquite coals to bring out the succulent flavor of its seafood entrees. Dine on Kosher seafood prepared without heavy sauces and marinades in a dining room adorned with the trappings of a vintage fishing cottage. Reservations not taken. 7226 Beverly Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036.
- Milky Way Restaurant serves an eclectic mix of Asian and Italian cuisine served alongside the more traditional potato pancakes and cheese blintzes. The owner is on hand to personally greet all patrons and talk about her famous son, Steven Spielberg. Reservations suggested. 9108 West Pico Blvd. at Doheny Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90035.
- Sassi Mediterranean’s menu features Sephardic dishes from the Eastern Mediterranean. Complimentary pita bread and salads are brought to the table to nibble while deciding what to order. Reservations recommended. 15622 Ventura Blvd. Encino, CA 91436
- Zeidler's Café is located in the Skirball Cultural Center between the museum and the Taper Courtyard. Sandwiches, pizzas, salads, pastas and soups, all with a Tuscan flair. Reservations not taken. 2701 North Sepulveda Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90049.
- Bocca Steakhouse Fusion Lounge serves diners in three separate dining rooms, a large sleek bar and a banquet room that accommodates up to 60 in relaxed elegance. Bocca’s menu includes beef, chicken and fish and a variety of exotic appetizers. Reservations recommended. 16610 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91316.
- Nessim’s is a Kosher restaurant that has a little something for everyone. Moroccan fare, traditional Israeli dishes, and Kosher sushi. Reservations recommended. 8939 West Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA.
- Golan Restaurant is celebrated for its eclectic menu (kosher Chinese, Israeli), relaxing atmosphere, attentive service and modest prices. A family – friendly restaurant with a festive atmosphere. Reservations not taken. 12619 Victory Blvd., North Hollywood, CA 91606.
- Habayit serves homemade American and Israeli cuisine in a small homey restaurant, and its entire menu is available for carryout, delivery, catering and private parties. Hummus is made fresh every day, and the menu is a mix of breakfast and lunch friendly items. Reservations not taken. 11921 West Pico Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90064.
- Shilo’s Kosher Restaurant is a unique fusion of American and European culinary cultures with a selection of internationally renowned wines. Breads served are made fresh daily by the La Brea Bakery, and the chef strives to make haute cuisine accessible and enjoyable. Reservations required. 8939 West Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…