Some of the 10 best Latin female singers are also some of the best-known artists in the music industry. With their good looks, spicy dance moves and rocking voices, it is no wonder fans find Latin female singers irresistible. Whether you want to familiarize yourself with Latin talent or are looking for ideas for your iPod's playlist, the following women are sure to please:
- Christina Aguilera First entering the music world as a Disney Mouseketeer, Aguilera hit the radio waves with “Genie in a Bottle” in 1999. Since then, the world has watched the pint-sized platinum blonde Latina grow up and stake her claim in music history.
- Selena Although Selena Quintanilla-Pérez’s life was tragically ended in 1995 by the president of her fan club. Selena’s hit music is still sung by young Latinas today. She rocked the world in the late 1980s and early 1990s with albums like “Amor Prohibido” and was often referred to as the Mexican version of Madonna.
- Thalía Launching her career as a Mexican soap opera star, the “Queen of Soap Operas” launched her music career in the 1990s. Thalía made her United States music debut singing in national commercial advertisements and with her 2003 crossover album “I Want You.”
- Gloria Estefan The “Rhythm is Gonna Get You” when you hear the hot beats of Cuban-American Gloria Estefan. This seven-time Grammy award winner has been a favorite Latin female vocalist over the span of three decades. Beginning her career with the Miami Sound Machine, Estefan was a solo act by the 1990s, recording music in both English and Spanish.
- Shakira This Columbian superstar first mesmerized the world when she started shaking her belly dancing hips in the early 1990s. Over the course of her music career, Shakira has produced albums in English and Spanish in a variety of genres to suit any taste.
- Jennifer Lopez J.Lo is one of the world’s most influential Latina entertainers. Beginning her career as a dancer, Lopez starred in feature films before releasing her first album, “On the 6.” Ever since, the world cannot get enough of her smooth moves and skimpy shorts.
- Gloria Trevi Selling over twelve million records worldwide, Trevi is the bad girl of the Latin music world. Her less-than modest attire and attitude have kept fans coming back for more since the late 1980s.
- Paulina Rubio One of the top ten pop Latin artists of all time, this blonde Latina started her career in Spanish-language soap operas. The “Chica Dorada” made it big in the 1990s and the albums that followed have only seen success.
- Denisse Guerrero Lead singer of the Mexican synth-pop band Belanova. As in the case of No Doubt with Gwen Stefani, Guerrero is front and center with her short skirts and shorter shorts.
- Belinda Born in Spain, Belinda is often compared to Britney Spears because she started her music career at the young age of fourteen. The “Princess of Latin Pop” has grown up before the world’s eyes and her fans continue to adore her.
Without their spicy Latina flair, the world of music would be hopelessly boring. Where else would women learn their dance moves? These ten hot Latina singers prove that their talent and beauty are indeed endless.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.