Fans are seeing a rise in the number of talented Latino actors in Hollywood, so here's the 10 best Latino Actors. Filmmakers like Guillermo Del Toro (“Hellboy”), Alfonso Cuarón (“Children of Men”) and Alejandro González Iñárritu (“Babel”) have begun introducing this new talent pool of Latino actors to Hollywood and studios are starting to take notice.
- Benicio Del Toro. Benicio Del Toro leads the Latino actors thanks to his Oscar winning performance in the Steven Soderbergh film “Traffic.” He picked up another Oscar nomination for his performance in the Spanish drama “22 Grams.” Fans also might know him for his quirky roles in “The Wolfman,” “Sin City,” “Snatch,” “The Usual Suspects” and “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.”
- Gael García Bernal. Gael García Bernal leads a new wave of Latino actors into Hollywood stardom. The talented actor stars in some of Latin America’s biggest hit films including “Amores Perros,” “Y tu mamá también,” “The Motorcycle Diaries,” “Bad Education,” “Babel” and “Rudy y Cursi.” In 2010, he starred in the American romantic comedy “Letters to Juliet.”
- Andy Garcia. Andy Garcia began acting in 1983 but reached stardom with his role in the 1987 gangster film “The Untouchables.” Since that breakout role, the Latino actor has appeared as a mobster in movies including “The Godfather: Part III,” “Ocean’s Eleven” and “Smokin’ Aces.”
- Edward James Olmos. While Edward James Olmos’ career stretches back to 1974, the Latino actor became a part of mainstream pop culture with his portrayal of Admiral William Adama in the Sci-Fi reboot of “Battlestar Galactica.” That big role should never overshadow his original breakout role on the hit TV series “Miami Vice.”
- Diego Luna. While he has not reached the level of success of fellow Latino actor Gael García Bernal, Diego Luna has carved a niche of his own in the Latino film industry. Luna co-starred with Bernal in both “Y tu mamá también” and “Rudi y Cursi.” He has also co-starred in American films such as Oscar nominated “Milk” and the “Dirty Dancing” sequel “Havana Nights.”
- Miguel Ferrer. Miguel Ferrer’s earliest starring role was as an evil corporate bigwig in “RoboCop.” Since that performance, the Latino actor has been best known for television roles, starring in “Twin Peaks,” “Crossing Jordan” and the rebooted “Bionic Woman.”
- Benjamin Bratt. While Benjamin Bratt has had minor success in films, his best roles have come on television. The Latino actor starred on long running television drama “Law & Order” from 1995 to 1999 and in the CBS series “The Cleaner,” starting in 2008.
- Luis Guzman. Luis Guzman is a character actor who has appeared in numerous movies in small roles. Some of the more memorable movies he appears are “Carlito’s Way,” “Boogie Nights,” “Out of Sight,” “Magnolia,” “Traffic” and “Runaway Jury.”
- Clifton Collins Jr. The Hughes Brothers introduced Latino actor Clifton Collins Jr. to the film business, casting him in both “Menace II Society” and “Dead Presidents.” He also appeared in Oscar nominated films “Capote” and “Babel.”
- Danny Trejo. Danny Trejo is a popular cult actor known for his rugged, scarred face. He has starred in numerous films by Latino film director Robert Rodriguez, including “Desperado” and “Spy Kids.” He is also a favorite of rock musician turned film director Rob Zombie, starring in both “Halloween” and “The Devil’s Rejects.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?