You'll need these 10 best leaving for college songs because the period after high school graduation and before you actually embark upon that trip to college is one of the most precious times in many people's lives. It is a time of partying with lifelong friends and happiness, yet it is also a time of unknowns. You are wondering if that girl you're hooking up with will still want to hook up with you over winter break and also contemplating the many prospects that await you in college. A good mixtape, or playlist for you young whippersnappers, can be a good way of archiving that time for posterity's sake. Oh, come on, who are we kidding here? Here's the best leaving for college songs to listen to while you are on that awkward trip with your parents in a loaded down SUV en route to Party U.
- "Where the Heart Is" by Benjy Davis Project. You may not have heard of this band, but someday they will be huge. This Baton Rouge, Louisiana based band is known across the southeast for their brilliantly crafted songs. This is one of the best leaving for college songs due to the way the singer contemplates the possibility of losing his hometown sweetheart to some fancy prep in college.
- "The Freshmen" by Verve Pipe. Yeah, we know its about a lot more than graduating high school, but it makes for one of the best leaving for college songs because we all listened to it and you will too. That is how tradition works and you will be learning a lot about that as you're getting spanked with a paddle. You're my boy, blue!
- "No Such Thing" by John Mayer. In high school they tell you that college is the real world and in college they tell you that once you graduate is the real world. There is no such thing for a lot of people. It really is just a lie they tell you.
- "High School Never Ends" by Bowling for Soup. Some things never change and the truth is that all of the immaturity of high school only gets worse in college. This is one of the best leaving for college songs as it is a fun way of warning you.
- "Save Tonight" by Eagle Eye Cherry. This Top 40 radio staple is one of the best leaving for college songs because it perfectly encapsulates that experience of your last night with all you bros before you head off to college and replace them with much cooler bros.
- "Scared, Are You?" by Better Than Ezra. This song is one of the most poignant expressions of the feelings you will be going through freshman year and throughout your 20's. You will appreciate your new found freedom, but you will be scared of it at the same time. This is one of the best leaving for college songs, as well as one of the best coming of age songs of all time.
- "Bittersweet Symphony" by Verve. There was a time in the 90s when you could not go anywhere without hearing this track and it defined that time for a whole generation. It still makes for one of the best leaving for college songs due to its melancholy lyrical content and music delivery.
- "Here's to the Night" by Eve 6. This song might seem like an overdramatic, self-indulgent tune, but that is what this time in your life is all about, kid.
- "Leaving Town" by Dexter Freebish. This is one of the best leaving for college songs ever written due to its sincerity and memorable, rollicking choruses.
- "Don't Look Back in Anger" by Oasis. Everyone leaves college with some regret for some regrettable thing you did to someone. I am being anonymous here so as to make this sentiment as identifiable as possible for all of you. That is exactly what these blokes do on this track, except they do so in a much more eloquent manner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …