The 10 best life after death movies range from great comedies, to excellent dramas, to somewhere in between. The reason life after death movies can exist in so many mediums is because life after death is one of the few things that mankind just can't fully understand. Because of this lack of understanding of life after death, stories involving life after death can go as far as the creative human mind can take them. Needless to say, human creativity has created some great movies that deal with the whole life after death thing. Here are the best life after death movies.
- "Ghost" (1990). Yeah some of you guys will argue that "Ghost" was too mushy. In many ways, it was. But, this life after death flick explores the dead person's condition in the after life. Forget about Sam. The other dead characters rock. Especially the guy that haunts the train. Hey a jerk in life may very well translate to a jerk in the afterlife.
- "The Lovely Bones" (2009). Not only was this film one of the better CGI flicks of 2009, the story was really good. It's about a murdered little girl that helps her father find her killer. The coolest parts of the movie are when she's exploring the afterlife.
- "Flatliners" (1990). Some people like playing with death. Imagine a group of uber-intelligent idiots that think it cool to induce death on one another for the sole purpose of getting a glimpse of the afterlife. If it sounds interesting, check out this flick
- "The Sixth Sense" (1999). What's a little kid to do when he can see dead people? Help them to the afterlife of course. Coincidentally, this bad ass movie is the only reason M. Knight Shyamalan's directing career hasn't crossed over to the afterlife. The rest of his movies sort of suck.
- "Beetlejuice" (1988). Beetlejuice is an undead haunter for hire. A recently deceased couple hires him to scare the new tenants out of their home. But, Beetlejuice goes a little crazy. This movie is freaking funny. You'll enjoy it.
- "The Crow" (1994). This movie is an action classic. A rock musician and his fiancee are both murdered. Well, said rock musician comes back from the dead to kill those that killed him and his girl. Definitely a must see.
- "The Frighteners" (1996). This comedy/action film is about a man with psychic abilities that can see dead people. He is in essence a supernatural con man because he hires dead folks to haunt places, then he shows up to save the day. He get's in over his head when a deceased murderer decides to continue killing ghosts and humans alike.
- "After.Life" (2009). This flick is weird, but enjoyable. It's about a woman stuck between the living world and the afterlife. A funeral director claims he can help her transition to the afterlife. But can he? Hey, Christina Ricci is in it. It's worth a view for that alone.
- "Poltergeist" (1982). Who hasn't heard of this movie? Malicious undead spend their time tormenting this family. Uh, why won't they just move out of the damn house? Anyway, it's a good flick. Check it out.
- "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" (1991). This movie is so bad, so corny, so just over the top, that it rocks. It's impossible to describe the flick. Just know that they play and beat Death in a game of twister.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?