In order for a movie to make the 10 best life-altering movies to watch list, it must make you question your existence, who your friends are or if all you really need is a day off. Through extensive research, we have created an ultimate list of the ten best life altering movies to watch.
- "The Matrix" (1999) This four-time Oscar-winning life-altering movie makes you wonder what we are all doing in this world or if reality as we know it truly exists. How many times can a man really defy physics? When a movie can make you question your existence, you know it makes the top ten list.
- "Rocky" (1976) This underdog shows that anyone who wants it bad enough can come out on top. Dream big, train hard and fight like you want it and eventually you will get what you need.
- "Independence Day" (1996) When a fleet of advanced aliens showed up, mankind was more than unprepared. This life-altering move shows us that at the end of the day, all that is really needed is an average man. Or a very brave drunk.
- "Dirty Harry" (1971) Dirty Harry shows us that sometimes you need to disregard the rules in order to get results. This life-altering movie has us all asking ourselves, "Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?"
"The Terminator" (1984) This film has been making generations ask one of the most important questions in life, "Is the person I'm talking to really a cyborg from the future?" Or maybe it's that people are not always what they appear to be. Same thing, right?
- "Full Metal Jacket" (1987) From this life-altering movie we learned when to fall in line and that it might just save your life. This movie opened up an entirely new (and sometimes unheard of) vocabulary for some people.
- "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" (2004) This movie taught us that no matter how bad you want something, sometimes it just doesn't happen. If you want it bad enough, however, in the end you might just make it happen.
- "The Godfather" (1972) The Godfather has taught us so many different things that it is almost hard to pick which lesson is the most life-altering. The best one seems to be to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, if you know what's good for you.
"Clerks" (1994) This movie relates to working class citizens (which is most of us). Two convenience store clerks in New Jersey prove that everyone just needs a day off every once in a while.
- "Gremlins" (1984) Last but not least, this move taught us to always, always follow instructions. If you don't, you might end up with a house full of little monsters.