10 Best Light Truck Tires
If you own a sport utility vehicle (SUV) or a light truck vehicle, you need to know the 10 best light truck tires so that you can select the best tire for it when it needs a replacement, to get the best gas mileage, and to increase performance. These light truck tires rate high in steering stability, cornering stability, tread wear, traction on wet and dry surface, and driving in snow and ice.
- Yokohama Parada Spec-X. The all weather radial was designed for performance pick ups as well as SUVs. The features include linked shoulder blocks, variably sized intermediate tread blocks, and two continuous center ribs which together provide the best performance during acceleration, braking, and turning corners.
- Goodyear Fortera SL Edition. These are all-season light truck tires made for light duty pick ups as well as SUVs. It has large wrap-around shoulder blocks which gives responsive handling and continuous center rib which keeps the tread wear even. The tread compound wears long. It provides good wet traction, cornering stability, and dry traction.
- Dunlop Grandtrek ST 8000. This model is for vehicle owners who want tires which go with their vehicle’s looks as well as provide good traction and all weather use. The tread wear for the tire is less compared to others.
- Yokohama Geolandar H/T-S G052. This model combines attention grabbing looks as well as comfortable handling and versatility. The other H/T-S models are for other light truck uses. For eg G051 is a good highway all-season light truck tire. The G052 uses directional tread design for better hydroplaning resistance.
- Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico. The radial has an asymmetric tread design with continuous outside shoulder blocks. These provide good corner stability and great dry traction. They can be used in all weathers including light snow, though light snow performance is quite good, deep snow and ice traction are just average.
- Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P. The light truck tire features symmetric tread design with continuous center rib and independent shoulder blocks and intermediate blocks. The model was designed for looks as well as performance. Performs well in light snow, reasonably well in ice and deep snow.
- Kumho Ecsta STX KL12. The radial has directional tread design, stable tread blocks, and high angle lateral grooves for hydroplaning resistance. It is for year round use, does well in terms of corner stability and dry traction, scoring low in snow and ice performance.
- Pirelli Scorpion Zero. The model features single Z or double Z intermediate tread blocks, for cornering and breaking as well as lateral and circumferential grooves for water removal. While the performance in snow and ice as well as the tread wear is medium, the cornering stability is good. So is performance in dry weather.
- Goodyear Wrangler HP. This model of Goodyear features wide outer shoulders, large intermediate blocks, and symmetric tread design. It has grooves, both lateral and circumferential, to remove water. The tire gave medium performance while scoring low in deep snow and ice performance.
- Goodyear Wrangler HP All Weather. The tire provides good dry traction and medium performance in other areas such as cornering stability and steering response. Just like Wrangler HP, Wrangler HP All Weather features symmetric tread design, wide outer shoulders, and large intermediate blocks.