Here are the ten best lightweight MMA fighters of all time. The fighters in the lightweight division may be small in comparison, but these guys pack a mean punch. There are some former and present lightweight MMA champions that have set themselves apart from their peers in the sport.
- B.J. "The Prodigy" Penn. This Hawaii native knows how to fight, straight up. He is one of the best Brazilian jiu-jitsu (BJJ) practitioners in the world, and has world-class boxing skills to top it all off. He is the "The Prodigy," and also number one of the top ten lightweight MMA fighters of all time.
- Jens "Little Evil" Pulver. This fighter was the first ever UFC lightweight champion of the world and had quite the grudge match with B.J. Penn in his pursuit for the belt. He has clearly set himself apart and is more than worthy to be called one of the best lightweight MMA fighters of all time.
- Takanori "The Fireball Kid" Gomi. This Japanese lightweight earned the lightweight championship title in the Pride organization, and for a very good reason. The guy can fight. He is definitely one of the best lightweight MMA fighters of all time
- Gray Maynard. This lightweight has established himself in the MMA world in a big way, and he shows no signs of stopping anytime soon. This is why he is one of the best lightweight MMA fighters of all time.
- Kurt Pellegrino. This lightweight has quite the presence in the octagon and needs to be recognized for his determination and hard work in the sport.
- Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez. This Ultimate Fighter winner has quickly made his name known as someone who is in the lightweight division to stay. This fighter will wear that belt around his waist, its just a matter of time. Even without a title to his name in the UFC, he is still worthy to be called one of the best lightweight MMA fighters to have ever stepped foot into the octagon.
- Caol "Uno Shoten" Uno. This fighter is definitely one of the best lightweight MMA fighters of all time. He pulled out a draw against B.J. Penn, and has the passion and determination to still compete with the best in the game.
- Shawn "The Muscle Shark" Sherk. This powerhouse of a lightweight is a muscle-bound animal in the octagon, and a former UFC lightweight champion. Sherk can bang in the cage, and is more than worthy of being called one of the best lightweight MMA fighters of all time.
- Gleison Tibau. This BJJ fighter has proven himself in the octagon against some of the bests in the sport. He is a bull on the ground that can submit with the best of them.
- Melvin "The Young Assassin" Guillard. This very experienced fighter has some vicious hands that make his opponents just crumble at his feet.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?