10 Best Lightweight Running Distance Shoes
If you're looking for good sneakers for your run, here are the 10 best lightweight running distance shoes. Stability running shoes are best for runners with normal arches, while motion-control shoes are designed for severe overpronators who need rigid support when running long distances. Neutral-cushioning shoes are recommended for underpronators with high arches and whose feet do not absorb enough impact during running, which can lead to injury.
- The Nike LunarGlide+ provides excellent support for men or women who are mild overpronators and need good cushioning.
- Adidas adiZero Tempo features protective cushioning and stability while being ultra-light at 10.7 ounces.
- Brooks Axiom 2 is a lightweight, supportive shoe recommended for runners with medium to lightweight builds and normal arch profiles.
- Asics Gel Landreth is a snug fitting responsive shoe designed for runners with a neutral gait.
- Mizuno’s Wave Precision 9 is the lightest neutral distance men's running shoe at 9.9 ounces with good cushioning and responsiveness.
- New Balance 903 is recommended for biomechanically efficient runners with normal arches looking for a good fitting distance shoe.
- Nike Air Zoom Elite 3 is designed for efficient runners with normal arches.
- Asics GT-2110 is recommended for women runners looking for a highly supportive stability shoe.
- Brooks Ariel is is a very stable shoe for heavy runners who need maximum support.
- Asics Gel Nimbus12 is the latest update of the Asics Gel Nimbus series at 11.9 ounces. The Gel Nimbus is one of the best lightweight running shoes with the best fit.