There are one-song wonders who come and go, but these are the 10 best live singers that are on the scene today. They may sing pop, opera, soul, or country, but all are uniquely talented and favorites of their audiences. Watching any one of these best singers perform live is an exciting experience.
- Andrea Bocelli. Andrea became blind at the age of twelve from a soccer injury. His singing career began in the 1980s in piano bars, but in 1993 he was spotted by a scout. He recorded a duet called “Prayer” with Celine Dion and has sung with many other famous people. His crystal clear tones make him one of the best singers in the world.
- Celine Dion. At the age of twelve, Celine wrote a song which changed her life. It was heard by the man who would thirteen years later become her husband. By 1982 she began receiving recognition and from that point on she began her rise to international superstardom. She has recorded songs and albums, one of the most famous being the theme from the Titanic, “My Heart Will Go On.” Her unique voice and raw emotion has made her a favorite for all audiences.
- Mariah Carey. Mariah made her debut in 1990 and has had a successful career ever since. She has won many best singer awards including five Grammy Awards, had more #1 singles than Elvis, holds the record for straight #1 albums and singles each year, and is the most successful female artist in the history of music. She composes all her own material and is known for “Can’t Take That Away” (Mariah’s Theme). She has a five-octave vocal range.
- Carrie Underwood. Carrie hit the music scene at a rapid pace immediately after winning American Idol in 2005. She has had numerous hit albums and won numerous best singer awards, including two Grammys. “Before He Cheats” is one of her latest recordings. Her beautiful face, amazing voice, and great stage presentation make her a favorite singer in the country-pop world.
- Beyonce Knowles. Beyonce started out with Destiny’s Child but released her first solo album in 2003 which won five Grammys. In 2009 Billboard listed her as the most successful female artist of the 2000 decade. Her Sasha Fierce stage character and her hit “Single Ladies” is known all over the world. Forbes listed her as the number two most powerful and influential celebrity in the world. Her three-octave voice delights audiences everywhere. She is also known for her philanthropic projects and acting.
- Jennifer Hudson. Losing American Idol did not stop Jennifer from being a success. She played a role in Dreamgirls and won an Academy Award shortly after she was voted off Idol. In spite of a horrific family tragedy, Jennifer came back strong and her career is soaring. Her self-titled debut album features her hit single “Spotlight.” Her strong voice, huge range, and ability to express emotions captures her audiences.
- Reba McEntire. Dubbed the Queen of Country Music, Reba has won numerous country music awards, People’s Choice awards, and two Grammys. Her latest release is “I’ll Have What She’s Having.” She has done some acting and has numerous gold and platinum albums.
- Josh Grobin. Josh hit the scene in 1999 on Celine Dion’s show where he was an instant success. He is well known for his song “You Raise Me Up”. He has made numerous appearances on Oprah, Ellen, and many other television shows. His range lies mostly in the baritone range but hits the edge of tenor.
- George Strait. George is dubbed the King of Country. He has released 25 albums during his 30 year career, including “Ocean Front Property,” all of which reached at least gold status. He has received many, many awards for best singer, and has remained a hit with country audiences through the years.
- Usher Raymond IV. Usher released his debut album in 1994. He has recently been nominated for Fave Male Artist and Album for the AMA. His latest hit is “OMG.” Usher has five Grammys, numerous other awards, and has sold over 30 million albums worldwide.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.