10 Best Long Distance Running Shoes For Men
If you're increasing your mileage, you should learn about the 10 best long distance running shoes for men. Whether you are training for a 5k or a marathon, you will find a quality pair of long distance running shoes below. Check out the 10 best long distance running shoes for men.
- Nike Lunaracer. This best long distance running shoe will surprise you. Though the Lunaracer is technically a "racing" shoe, many men train for marathons using only this shoe and it doesn't need to be replaced as frequently as other lightweight running shoes. The lunaracer is ultra lightweight at only 6.9 ounces (size 8) and features maximum cushioning and shock absorption. The lunaracer is the best long distance running for you as long as you are not overweight or a severe overpronator.
- Brooks Ghost. The Brooks Ghost is the best long distance running shoe for you if you like a lightweight running shoe that also provides mild to moderate stability control. The Brooks Ghost is responsive and offers a smooth ride.
- Adidas AdiSTar Solution. This best running shoe is built for high mileage. The Adistar is ideal as a daily trainer for distance runners with a neutral gait. The AdiSTar solution provides a cushioned ride with extra support for larger runners.
- Adidas Supernova Adapt. This best long distance running shoe is a standard stability shoe that will work for most distance runners. The Supernova Adapt is ideal for distance runners with a normal or high arch. Runners with flat feet will have a difficult time fitting into the shoe.
- Asics Gel Kayano 16. This best distance running shoe is ideal for the runner who needs mild to moderate over-pronation control. The Asics Gel Kayano is efficient at shock absorption while still delivering a smooth ride. The Asics Gel Kayano comes in black, green, red or blue.
- Asics Gel Evolution. The Asics Gel evolution is the best distance running shoe for the larger runner (i.e. over 180 pounds) and the runner who is a moderate to severe overpronator. The Asics Gel Evolution is extremely stable, but surprisingly flexible. While the Gel Evolution is clunkier than your lightweight racing flat, it is idel for a motion control shoe.
- Saucony Progrid Kinvara. This unique best distance shoe is ideal for tempo runs and distance races. The Saucony Kinvara weighs only 8 ounces and is perfect for the minimalist runner whose events are the 5k through the half-marathon. The Saucony Kinvara is made for runners with a normal to wide foot.
- Mizuno Wave Precision. This best distance running shoe features a breathable outer mesh and an ideal combination of cushioning and stability for the neutral runner. The Precision is the best distance running shoe for you if you want a daily trainer that you can also use as a race-ready shoe.
- Mizuno Wave Ascend 5. The Mizuno Wave Ascend is the best long distance running shoe for you if you do most of your mileage on the trails. The Ascend is a durable and responsive running shoe that can handle a variety of surfaces (from uneven bark trails, to cross country mud). The Ascend is built to last and it will perform for the slight underpronator to the moderate overpronator.
- Nike Air Pegasus 27. The Pegasus was one of Nike's first shoes ever made. Nike has made updates over the years, but the Air Pegasus remains one of the best distance running shoes for runners with a neutral gait. This best distance running shoe is responsive and features mid-arch cushioning.