While some of these 10 best long term relationship movies are sweet romantic comedies, some feature casual relationships that eventually become long term. Even if your not into chick flicks, many of the movies on this list are cleverly disguised as awkward comedies.
- “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.” Jim Carrey proves to be a goofball with a sensitive side in this heart-wrenching long term relationship film. After breaking up with his girlfriend Clementine (Kate Winslet) Joel goes on a journey through his mind to literally forget her.
- “(500) Days of Summer.” This long term relationship movie begins at the end. Although there wasn't much of a relationship to begin with, Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is devastated that the girl he is in love with has moved on and is getting married.
- “When Harry Met Sally.” Some long term relationships begin with a long term flirtation. Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Meg Ryan) vow to remain friends despite their obvious long term attraction.
- “Love and Basketball.” Childhood sweethearts Monica (Sanaa Lathan) and Qunicy (Omar Epps) share a mutual love for basketball and each other in this film about a complicated long term relationship. With lots of on-court basketball action, this is not the typical romantic drama.
- “Knocked Up.” While most long term relationship movies begin innocently enough, this movie begins with a one-night stand. Alison (Katherine Heigl) and Ben (Seth Rogen) awkwardly begin a long term relationship after an even more awkward evening together.
- “There's Something About Mary.” Cameron Diaz plays the sweet, yet irresistible Mary in this classic Farrelly brothers film. This free-for-all love story also features Ben Stiller as Ted, one of Mary's admirers, who missed his chance with her in high school.
- “Brown Sugar.” There are plenty of long term relationships to go around in this film about love, music, and everything in between. Starring Sanaa Lathan and Taye Diggs, this Hip-hop romantic comedy also features rappers Mos Def and Queen Latifah.
- “Forgetting Sarah Marshall.” Sometimes love-sick losers are a lot funnier than a sweet romantic comedy. After ending his long term relationship with his girlfriend, Sarah Marshall, Peter (Jason Segel) goes on a Hawaii vacation to try to get over her. Unfortunately, Sarah shows up at the same resort with her new boyfriend.
- “The Wedding Singer.” Comedy extraordinaire Adam Sandler plays a wedding singer in the 1980's for this romantic comedy. Starring Drew Barrymore and Billy Idol as himself, this long term relationship film also enjoys the novelty of a unique decade.
- “Sex and the City: The Movie.” The popular HBO series finally went to the big screen in this long term relationship film. Considering there are four different main characters in four different relationships, there is plenty of relatable material for everyone.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.