10 Best Love Ballads
Have your girl’s knees weak with these 10 best love ballads. To make the moment even better, come up with a romantic idea where you can have these played. If you have a good voice, then sing them yourself.
- "Unchained Melody"(The Righteous Brothers): This song, one of the best love ballads, was first released in 1955 for the movie “Unchained.” It was recorded again by the Righteous Brothers in 1990 for the movie “Ghost.”
- "Hey, Soul Sister" (Train): Released in 2009, this is a part of the band’s album called “Save Me San Francisco.” Widely appreciated, it is another great love ballads.
- "Heaven" (Bryan Adams): From his 1984 album “Reckless,” this will surely touch a woman’s heart. It was first heard from the romantic flick “A Night in Heaven” and is one of the best love ballads ever.
- "Take My Breath Away" (Berlin): This is a well-known hit from “Top Gun.” One of the best love ballads, it was also covered by Jessica Simpson and Diana Ross.
- "Can’t Take My Eyes Off You" (Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons): Written by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio, this was first released in 1967. This is one of the best love ballads that has been covered by various artists like Lauren Hill and the Pet Shop Boys. It was featured in several movies including “The Deer Hunter” and “10 Things I Hate About You.”
- "Need You Now" (Lady Antebellum): Sung by the country music band Lady Antebellum, this is a song that is also included in the best love ballads. It is from their second album, released on January 2010.
- "Faithfully "(Journey): From the band’s album “Frontiers” is one of the best love ballads of all time. It talks about a man who is always on the road, and the difficulties he had to face. This is also covered in the popular show “Glee.”
- "Wonderful Tonight" (Eric Clapton): Released in 1977, "Wonderful Tonight" is also one of the best love ballads. It is part of his album called “Slowhand.”
- "Just the Way You Are" (Billy Joel): Written as a gift to his wife Elizabeth Weber, this song was first released in 1977 from his album “The Stranger.”
"I Will Always Love You" (Whitney Houston): This song was written by Dolly Parton in 1973, and was recorded by Whitney Houston in 1992. It was also featured in the movie “The Bodyguard."
Posted on: Oct. 29, 2010