The 10 best love songs of the '80s are timeless classics that were big hits throughout the decade. Each musician created a beautiful song about love that's relatable to the masses. The '80s not only had big hair, but also big power ballads, and these are the best love songs from that time period.
- "Always on My Mind" by Willie Nelson. The song is about a man wanting to make up mistreating his significant other. Everyone isn't perfect, and he wants to try harder to show she is always on his mind. The love song of the '80s was awarded Single of the Year in 1982 by The Country Music Association.
- "Is This Love?" by Whitesnake. The powerful ballad is about not being able to function correctly when someone you love leaves. The lyrics express waiting for someone you love to hopefully come back. The popular '80s love song was released off their album "Whitesnake 1987."
- "The Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler. The Grammy winning love song was released in 1988. The moving lyrics express how without the support received from their significant other, they wouldn't have succeeded in life. One of the best love songs of the '80s because the universal lyrics can translate into love for a friend, lover, husband, or family member.
- "Saving All My Love For You" Whitney Houston. The song is about a girl holding out for the man she loves, despite friends telling her to move on. One of the 10 best love songs of the '80s because it's about going with your intuitions and not listening to others. Houston's powerful voice offers so much emotion with every note she sings in this '80s love song.
- "Careless Whisper" by Wham!. The lyrics are about a man feeling emotionally wrecked after his love finds out he's been cheating. He realizes how much he loves her, and that no one can ever replace what they had. Not only is this one of the best love songs of the '80s, but is also the biggest selling single for George Michael in the UK.
- "Endless Love" by Diana Ross and Lionel Richie. The powerful duet is from the film "Endless Love." Richie wrote the lyrics about how he never knew true love before meeting his significant other. The love song of the '80s was so great it received Oscar and Golden Globe nominations.
- "Total Eclipse of the Heart" Bonnie Tyler. The 1983 love song caused Tyler to be the first female to debut at #1 on the the UK charts. The slow, sad melody, and raw lyrics about the ups and downs of love makes it a beautiful power ballad. The best love song of the '80s made a comeback in 2010 when it was featured in the television show "Glee."
- "Love Song" by The Cure. Released in 1989, "Love Song" is perfect for weddings. The lyrics embody the feeling of truly being in love, and never wanting to live without your significant other. The best love song of the '80s was a popular song for The Cure and reached #1 on the Billboard Hot Single Chart.
- "Keep on Loving You" by REO Speedwagon. The power love ballad reached #1 on the Billboard Singles Chart. It is about singer Cronin wanting to stay with his wife after he finds out she's been cheating. One of the best love songs of the '80s because his love for her is so powerful he'll forgive infidelity.
- "Open Arms" by Journey. The love song of the 80's is about a couple reconnecting after losing touch. The time apart made the couple realize how much they care about each other. The lyrics express how love can get buried, but true emotions will conquer all.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …