10 Best Love Songs Of The 90's
Get romantic with the 10 best love songs of the '90s. A wide variety of music genres were popular in the '90s, making it a great era for music. Many of these songs have been featured in movies or television. These songs' popularity even reaches today. So sit back and feel the love in these songs.
- "Send Me an Angel" by Scorpions (1990) This is one of the most touching songs of the era. The song is a power ballad by the German hard rock band best known for their '80s hit "Rock You Like a Hurricane." An orchestral version of this song was later recorded in 2000. The song was also used in a episode of "Cold Case."
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" by Elton John (1994) The song was featured in the Disney movie "The Lion King." It peaked on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart at number four. The song was originally supposed to be sung by the characters Timon and Pumbaa, but that idea was scraped.
- "I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith (1998) This power ballad was featured on the movie "Armageddon." The song was written by Diane Warren, but she has stated that she originally had Celine Dion in mind for the song.
- "I’ll Make Love to You" by Boyz II Men (1994) This R&B hit was written by Babyface and held at number on the charts for fourteen weeks, which tied with Whitney Houston’s song "I will Always Love You" for the record most weeks.
- "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait (1992) This song was the first single off of the album "Pure Country," which was the sound rack for the movie of the same name. The album was Strait’s most commercially successful album and sold over six million copies.
- "How Do I Live" by LeAnn Rimes (1997) This song was written for Rimes to perform for the movie "Con Air." Producers felt Rimes's version had too much of a pop feel to it. She was asked to re-record it but when she refused, the song was given to Trisha Yearwood. After Yearwood released her version, Rimes quickly released hers.
- "Genie in a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera (1999) This was the first hit from Aguilera’s debut album and it became her signature song. The song is featured on the video games "Karaoke Revolution Volume 2" and "Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2."
- "November Rain" by Guns N’ Roses (1992) What says love more than a video with a wedding. It is one of the band’s longest songs and a extended eighteeen-minute video was even shot. The song was written by Axle Rose and there were many reports that the other members of the band didn’t like the project as much as him. These reports are said to be overstated in the autobiography that band member Slash wrote.
- "I Want You" by Savage Garden (1996) This was the first single by the Australian pop band. It was released internationally in 1997. It became a big hit in many countries.
- "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews Band (1997) While many die-hard fans of the band claim this to be their worst song, it’s probably because it was their most commercially popular. Interpretations of the song range from it being very romantic to obsessive love.