The 10 best love songs from the 90’s span many genres of music. Some are pop, some are rock and some are even country. What makes a best love song is it’s slow beat and it’s lyrics. When you can feel the music in your heart, soul and mind, then it is a real love song.
- Steelheart was a little known band of the 90’s but their love song “I’ll Never Let You Go” on their self-titled 1990 album is one of the best rock love songs ever written. “First time I laid my eyes upon you, all my dreams were answered. First time I kissed your tender lips, my love to you I surrendered.”
- Hardline’s “Everything” was the bands upbeat rock love song on their 1992 “Eclipse” album. When most love songs are slow, this one gives it a hard rock beat and still makes it full of true love with it’s heartfelt lyrics. “Well we’ve come this far, it should last forever. Something here so strong, it’s holding us together.”
- “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait is country’s ultimate love song. Strait has been in the country music scene since the late 70’s and released his first single in the early 80’s. This love song comes off of the “Pure Country” soundtrack, a movie that starred Strait and his music. “I cross my heart and promise to give all I’ve got to give to make all your dreams come true.”
- “You Were Meant For Me” was one of Jewel’s poetic love songs, from 1995’s “Pieces of You.” “I know that you love me and soon you will see you were meant for me and I was meant for you.”
- In 1989 Lyle Lovett released the song “Nobody Knows Me.” It was popularized in an episode of the original “Beverly Hills, 90210” in the 90’s. “And nobody holds me. And nobody knows me. Nobody knows me like my baby.”
- “You’re Still The One” is one of Shania Twain’s best love songs. This popular song tells the story about a love lasting through everything. This song can be found on her 1997 “Come On Over” album. “They said, ‘I bet they’ll never make it,’ but just look at us holding on. We’re still together, still going strong.”
- Firehouse’s “Love of A Lifetime” is another rock ballad that is sure to make anyone’s best love song list. This 1991 single is truly a love song for those who have been in love for a long time. “I finally found the love of a lifetime. A love to last my whole life through.”
- 1990’s love song “Because I Love You” by Stevie B. could be heard at high school dances all over the place in the 90’s. The only R&B song on this best love songs list. “Because I love you, I’ll be right by your side. To be alive. To be your guy.”
- In 1990 Paul Young covered the Chi-Lite song“Oh Girl.” It was a hit and throughout most of the early 90’s the song could be heard playing on the radio often. This is a great love song because it is about a relationship on the verge of it’s end. “Oh girl, I’d be in trouble if you left me now. ‘Cause I don’t know where to look for love, I just don’t know how.”
- Bryan Adams was a big star in the 90’s, and his love song “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You” was made famous in the film “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves.” “Look into my eyes you will see, what you mean to me. Search your heart, search your soul, and when you find me there you’ll search no more.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.