If you are trying to lose weight, or just impress someone else who is, knowing the 10 best low-calorie cocktails can really make a difference. Overall, remember that the lower the alcohol content, the lower calorie the drink per ounce. Here are the 10 best low-calorie cocktails:
- Champagne. This bubbly delight is only 85 calories.
- Choice and Diet. Whether your fancy is rum, vodka, gin, or whiskey, when you mix 1 oz. with your favorite diet soda, you have a refreshing drink with less than 100 calories.
- Mojito. Fun for summer, add 1 1/2 oz. rum to a glass with pressed mint leaves and 1 tbsp. sugar. Top with a splash of lime juice and soda water.
- Manhattan. When you would rather not just drink scotch, have a Manhattan. Combine 2 oz. of Scotch with 1 oz. sweet vermouth.
- Martini. A classic choice, a martini mixed with 2 1/2 oz. of either gin or vodka and 1/2 oz. vermouth is 200 calories.
- Gin and Tonic. When you combine any alcohol of your choice with a non-calorie mixer, like tonic or soda, the calories for that drink will be no greater than 100 calories.
- Bloody Mary. With only 1 oz. vodka and 3 oz. tomato juice, you can have a classic Bloody Mary—it’s less than 100 calories if you use 80 proof vodka.
- Sidecar. An old-fashioned and fashionable drink, a Sidecar has only 101 calories. To make one, mix together 3/4 oz. triple sec, 1/2 oz. cognac, and 3/4 oz. lemon juice.
- Boulevard. This drink is easy to make, tastes good and weighs in at only 188 calories. Make a Boulevard by shaking together 2 oz. rye whiskey, 1/2 oz. orange liqueur, and 1/2 oz. dry vermouth.
- Sour Apple Martini. Just mix together 2 1/2 oz. of sour mix, 3/4 oz. of vodka and 3/4 oz. of sour apple liqueur for a low 160-calorie drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.