If you are trying to lose weight, or just impress someone else who is, knowing the 10 best low-calorie cocktails can really make a difference. Overall, remember that the lower the alcohol content, the lower calorie the drink per ounce. Here are the 10 best low-calorie cocktails:
- Champagne. This bubbly delight is only 85 calories.
- Choice and Diet. Whether your fancy is rum, vodka, gin, or whiskey, when you mix 1 oz. with your favorite diet soda, you have a refreshing drink with less than 100 calories.
- Mojito. Fun for summer, add 1 1/2 oz. rum to a glass with pressed mint leaves and 1 tbsp. sugar. Top with a splash of lime juice and soda water.
- Manhattan. When you would rather not just drink scotch, have a Manhattan. Combine 2 oz. of Scotch with 1 oz. sweet vermouth.
- Martini. A classic choice, a martini mixed with 2 1/2 oz. of either gin or vodka and 1/2 oz. vermouth is 200 calories.
- Gin and Tonic. When you combine any alcohol of your choice with a non-calorie mixer, like tonic or soda, the calories for that drink will be no greater than 100 calories.
- Bloody Mary. With only 1 oz. vodka and 3 oz. tomato juice, you can have a classic Bloody Mary—it’s less than 100 calories if you use 80 proof vodka.
- Sidecar. An old-fashioned and fashionable drink, a Sidecar has only 101 calories. To make one, mix together 3/4 oz. triple sec, 1/2 oz. cognac, and 3/4 oz. lemon juice.
- Boulevard. This drink is easy to make, tastes good and weighs in at only 188 calories. Make a Boulevard by shaking together 2 oz. rye whiskey, 1/2 oz. orange liqueur, and 1/2 oz. dry vermouth.
- Sour Apple Martini. Just mix together 2 1/2 oz. of sour mix, 3/4 oz. of vodka and 3/4 oz. of sour apple liqueur for a low 160-calorie drink.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.