A list of the 10 best luxury hotels in Europe include historic accommodations and modern upscale establishments. The best of the luxury hotels, of course, depends on personal taste and preference for hotel features, but a handful of hotels meet both standards for general excellence and superior service. Europe, for the purpose of this article, takes the American view and includes the United Kingdom.
- Four Seasons Hotel in Prague, Czech Republic. This luxury hotel is a frequent nominee for the ten best luxury hotels in Europe list. The new and old come together at the Four Seasons. New world architecture is combined with a 17th century baroque-styled villa and several younger buildings that make up the hotel complex.
- Hotel de Crillon in Paris, France. This Conde Nast Award winning hotel features the premiere Paris restaurant, Les Ambassadeurs, as well as the choice of two up-scale, off-the-chart suites that will please even the pickiest travelers. For folks with with dogs and children, the hotel offers special services to wrangle both.
- Martinez Hotel in Cannes, France. Located on the oh, la, la boulevard de La Croisette in the film city of Cannes, this hotel plants itself directly on the French Riviera. Take your pick of over 400 rooms, three restaurants, including the La Palme d'Or', and a private beach.
- Langham Hotel in London, England. The 140-plus year old hotel underwent a remodel to up itself for well-heeled guests. Take your pick of over 280 rooms and suites and don't forget to take in the afternoon tea. The crumpets are yummy.
- Claridge's Mayfair in London, England. This 100-plus year old London hotel is perfect for fans of Art Deco. Fans of shopping and strolling around Hyde Park find the hotel a strategic location for visiting.
- Hotel Plaza Athenee in Paris, France. This hotel offers guests the option of private apartment accommodations overlooking a central courtyard. Other features of this top ten luxury hotel include the Dior Institut Spa and a choice of restaurants and bars.
- The President Wilson Hotel in Geneva, Switzerland. Named for the famous U.S. president who supported the League of Nations after World War I, the hotel is a luxury location that knows how to be discrete. Ask for a room overlooking Lake Geneva for a special treat. The mandatory room Jacuzzi and steam bath, library and cocktail lounge mark the top of the line room, "The Imperial Suite," in this hotel.
- Villa d'Este in Lake Como, Italy. Most rooms at this chi-chi hotel have a stupendous view of Lake Como. This hotel meets the standards of the ten best luxury hotels in Europe for Conde Nast, Forbes and Travel and Leisure travel organizations.
- Cameron House on Loch Lomond, Scotland: Anyone looking for a room in a baronial mansion should look no further than the Cameron House. Rooms overlook Loch Lomond and the park-like hotel grounds. Golfing, it's Scotland, folks, spa services, a deluxe bar and clay pigeon shooting are just a few of the options for guests at this hotel, one of the ten best luxury hotels in Europe.
- Westin Excelsior in Rome, Italy. If you have a nest egg of over to $100,000 for a week visit, reserve the Villa La Cupola. The suite is outfitted with its own stained glass windows and hand-painted wall frescoes. You'll recognize this luxury suite, if you're a Fellini fan. This luxury hotel features rooms with private screening rooms, private wine stores and Murano glass decorations. This hotel is certainly one of the ten best luxury hotels in Europe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.