10 Best Luxury Sports Cars 2010
The 10 best luxury sports cars 2010 are generally rated according to their performance on tracks and mostly have an acceleration rate of 0 to 60 miles per hour in less than five seconds. They have a top speed of more than 225 miles per hour and are aerodynamically designed.
- Mercedes Benz SL – This model, as compared to all-out sports cars, is more refined and heavy. The car’s luxury and performance quotient are quite high. There are two models of the SL series–the SL550 with 382 horsepower and SL600 with 510 horsepower engines.
- Porsche 911 Carrera – This car balances luxury, power and agility with impressive class which a true sports car enthusiast can hardly resist. The model has a new double clutch gearbox. Main features of the car include its powerful engine and superb handling, three attractive body styles (includes a convertible style) and interiors focused on the driver. The front seats are quite supportive; however, the backseats are a little cramped and the on-board storage is also quite limited.
- Lotus Exige Cup 260 – The car is made from lightweight components like carbon fiber body to lose the mass and increase the performance. The vehicle is fitted with a 257 horsepower engine with 1.8 liter fuel capacity. The car weighs 890 kilos.
- Nissan G.T.-R – The "Gran Turismo-Racer” model of Nissan is a combination of functional design, the raging performance of a sports-car and first rate interiors. The car has a 485 horsepower powerful twin-turbo V6 engine and safety features like AVDC (Advanced Vehicle Dynamic Control), roof mounted curtain and side-impact supplemental air bags.
- Jaguar XK – This latest model of luxury sports car has an aggressive design combined with excellent performance. Though not as sporty as its competitors, the Jaguar XK provides a composed handling, smooth power-train and comfortable front seats. Safety features include sat mounted side airbags and dual-stage chest airbags at the front.
- Lamborghini Murcielago – This model is more powerful, faster and lighter than ever before. The vehicle is equipped with a 670 horsepower V12 engine with 6.5 liters capacity. The body of the vehicle has a lightweight construction and is aerodynamically designed.
- Mercedes Benz CL – The models of cars available in CL series are CL550, CL600, CL63 AMG and CL65AMG. The CL600 model has a 510 hp V12 engine. All models have outstanding handling dynamics with classy design, fit and finish both exterior and interior. The unique feature of the Mercedes Benz CL is the COMAND multi-media interface.
- Dodge Viper SR710 - Some of the features include true sports handling dynamics and its new club racer trim that is track-tuned. The car is equipped with a 600 hp V10 engine with 8.4 liter capacity and can be launched from 0 to 60 miles per hour speed in just four seconds.
- BMW 6 Series – Though not an all-out sports car, the BMW 6-series is a status symbol for both beauty and luxury. Available in coupe and convertible models, the vehicle has 360 hp V8 engine, superior fit and finish on the inside and an elegant and high-class design on the exterior. The car is more a cruiser than a sports car.
- Lexus SC – The SC series of Lexus cars have a power-retractable convertible hardtop and impressive built quality. Safety features include airbags for front passengers at the front, side and knee.