There are many excellent country lyrics, but here are the 10 best lyrics to country songs. One of the reasons that country music is so popular is the fact that there's a country song for all occasions, no matter what that occasion may be.
- "I still remember when thirty was old. My biggest fear was September, when he had to go" from "Strawberry Wine" by Deana Carter – "Strawberry Wine" is a beautiful coming of age song. This is a song that will stay with you for years to come.
- "Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain. But I'd of had to miss the dance" from "The Dance" by Garth Brooks – Garth Brooks is one of the best known male country singers of all time. "The Dance" is one of his best known songs, due in large part to the memorable lyrics.
- "And it turns out he was a missing person who nobody missed at all" from "Goodbye, Earl" by Dixie Chicks – The Dixie Chicks were a very popular female country band in the late 90's and early 2000's. "Goodbye, Earl" is a humorous song about a woman taking control over her abusive marriage.
- "Stealing the young girl's hearts, just like Gene and Roy. Singing those campfire songs. I should've been a cowboy" from "Should've Been a Cowboy" by Toby Keith – "Should've Been a Cowboy" is a wistful song about a man who wonders what his life would have been like if he had led the carefree life of a cowboy. The lyrics are playful and fun.
- "And when I cook him dinner and I burn it black, he better say, mmmm, I like it like that yeah" from "Any Man of Mine" by Shania Twain – "Any Man of Mine" is a popular song from Shania Twain with sassy lyrics. She's laying down the rules for her man and letting him know exactly what's expected of him.
- "Now if you lose your one and only, there's always room here for the lonely. To watch your broken dreams dance in and out of the beams of a neon moon" from "Neon Moon" by Brooks and Dunn – Brooks and Dunn are quite possibly the best known country duo of all time. "Neon Moon" is a very lonely song. Like the stereotypical country song, the lyrics focus on losing the one you love and drowning your sorrows in the local watering hole.
- "Kiss me in sweet slow motion, let's let everything slide. you got me floating, you got me flying. It's the way you love me" from "This Kiss" by Faith Hill –"This Kiss" is a happy song with uplifting lyrics. It's about being completely in love and loving life.
- "And if you tell my heart, my achy breaky heart, he might blow up and kill this man" from "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus – Billy Ray Cyrus is the father of popular singer, Miley Cyrus. His song, "Achy Breaky Heart" is still very popular. It's a good breakup song and well known due to the catchy lyrics.
- "I might've saved a little trouble for the next girl, cause the next time that he cheats… Oh, you know it won't be on me" from "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood – "Before He Cheats" is a song about getting revenge on that jerk who cheats, and lots of women identify with the lyrics. She catches her man cheating on her and takes revenge by trashing his prized car. It won the 2007 Single of the Year CMA and is still a hit.
- "The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star" from "Teardrops on my Guitar" by Taylor Swift – "Teardrops on mu Guitar" was the first hit single from Taylor Swift. The lyrics are about a girl who's pining for that boy who never sees her as anything more than a friend.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."