Whether you are going through a breakup, know someone who has passed on, or have come to the end of a friendship, this article will provide you with the 10 best lyrics to say goodbye to. From the sad, to the empowered, to the angry and bitter, saying goodbye is hardly an easy thing, but these lyrics can help you through whatever comes your way.
- “All night long I thought to myself why would I stay with you/Realized that you were the one who had issues, so why would I miss you?” Gorilla Zoe. This song is great to say goodbye to if you have ever been in a relationship that made you miserable, but with time, realized you’re better off without them. It is empowering, positive, and has a catchy beat.
- “Have another drink and drive yourself home/I hope there’s ice on all roads/And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt/And again when your head goes through the windshield” Brand New. This is one of the best lyrics to say goodbye to because the anger of being betrayed by your best friend is portrayed perfectly.
- “There’s no greater power than the power of goodbye” Madonna. Madonna says it perfectly in a simple lyric. Saying goodbye can be painful, but is necessary in order to grow and move on to a better place in your life.
- “Please don’t feed me lines about some idealistic future/Your heart won’t heal right if you keep tearing out the sutures” The Postal Service. Say goodbye to someone who refuses to let go of you with this song. Its upbeat tempo will help you stay positive, and it has some great lyrics to help keep you on the right track.
- “Dear God, the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around/When I'm much too far away/We all need that person who can be true to you/I left her when I found her/And now I wish I'd stayed” Avenged Sevenfold. Sometimes, after you have already said goodbye to someone, the only thing you can do is wish for that person to be taken care of. If you feel regret after saying goodbye, these lyrics are one of the best to listen to.
- “It's breaking my heart to watch you run around/Cause I know that you're living a lie/But, that's okay, baby, cause in time you will find/What goes around, goes around, goes around/Comes all the way back around.” Justin Timberlake. Breakups can be painful, but sometimes the only thing you can do is remind yourself with these lyrics that karma will come back to the person who hurt you by saying goodbye.
- “You tell me that you're sorry/Didn't think I'd turn around and say/That it's too late to apologize” OneRepublic. Sometimes saying sorry doesn’t mean anything because the damage is already done, so say goodbye with these lyrics. The message is simple and clear and has a lot of emotion behind it.
- “I dug my key into the side of his pretty little suped up 4-wheel drive/Carved my name into his leather seats/Took a Louisville slugger to both headlights/Slashed a hole in all 4 tires/Maybe next time he’ll think before he cheats” Carrie Underwood. Some of the best lyrics to say goodbye to are from “Before He Cheats” because it is an empowering anthem for every girl who has ever met a guy that can’t stay faithful.
- “Thanks for waiting this long to show yourself, yourself/Cuz now that I can see you, I don’t think you’re worth a second glance.” Dashboard Confessional These lyrics can be applied to a friend or lover, as both can be two-faced and end up screwing you over. Say goodbye with these empowering lyrics, because their honesty is comforting.
- “So kiss me and smile for me/Tell me that you’ll wait for me/Hold me like you’ll never let me go/Cause I’m leavin’ on a jet plane/Don’t know when I’ll be back again/Oh babe I hate to go” John Denver. This is one of the best songs to say goodbye to because it’s mellow but deeply emotional. John Denver shares the pain of having to say farewell perfectly with this song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …