10 Best Lyrics For Songs About Friendship
Having friends that will be with you in whatever situation is one of the best things in the world, and let your friends know how you feel about them with the 10 best lyrics for songs about friendship. The wonderful words in these songs, coupled with the emotions of the ones singing them, are sure ways of expressing the love you feel for a friend.
- "Thank You For Being a Friend" (Andrew Gold): Written by Andrew Gold, this song talks about how a person is grateful for having friends. It is also the theme song of the TV show “Golden Girls” and one of the best lyrics for songs about friendship.
- "I’ll Be There For You" (The Rembrandts): This song is well known from the TV series “Friends.” It was written by Michael Skloff and Allee Willis for the show which talks about the funny side of friendship.
- "That’s What Friends Are For" (Dionne Warwick and Friends): First recorded by Rod Stewart for the movie “Night Shift,” this is also one of the best lyrics for songs about friendship. Dionne Warwick, Elton John, Gladys Knight and Stevie Wonder recorded it for the American Foundation for AIDS Research.
- "Friends Never Say Goodbye" (Elton John): Despite several misunderstandings, friends remain friends, even when faced with the hardest trials. This song, one of the best lyrics for songs about friendship, talks about how the love for friends never ends.
- "With A Little Help From My Friends" (The Beatles): Released in 1967, this is another song with lyrics about friendship. It was written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney which talks about how little help from friends can make a huge difference in a person’s life.
- "I Turn To You" (Christina Aguilera): Friends can depend on each other emotionally. This song was released in 2000.
- "Wind Beneath My Wings" (Bette Midler): Written by Larry Henley and Jeff Silbar, this song, with some of the best lyrics for songs about friendship, was released in 1983. It was also featured in the movie “Beaches.”
- "Put Your Records On" (Corinne Bailey Rae): Released in 2006, this is also one of the best lyrics for songs about friendship. It is a way of saying how thankful you are for your friends, and how supportive they are in times of need.
- "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" (Tracy Lawrence ft. Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw): This country song has also the best lyrics which are about friendship. It is about how friends are there for you all the time, with no questions asked, which is the true meaning of friendship.
- "Friends" (Led Zeppelin): This rock song has the best lyrics about friendship. It talks about friendship and the great things about it, and is part of the album Led Zeppelin III released in 1970.