Become a wise guy with the 10 best mafia movie quotes. Mafia movies are some of the best films in history. Mafia movies have you cheering for the bad guys and repeating your favorite lines.
- “I saw then that my father’s only fear was that his son would follow the same road. And that was the last time I ever held a gun. People always thought I grew up on a farm. And I guess, in a way, I did. But I lived a lifetime before that, in those sic weeks on the road in the winter of 1931. When people ask me if Michael Sullivan was a good man, or if there was just no good in him at all, I always give the same answer. I just tell them… he was my father.” Michael Sullivan Jr. (Tyler Hoechlin) “Road to Perdition” (2002). In the movie a man in the mafia is betrayed and his wife and youngest son are killed. He takes his revenge and involves his other son in his plan. This is the last line and it’s one of the most powerful quotes of the movie.
- “There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me keep your friends close, but your enemies closer,” Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) “The Godfather: Part II” (1974). This is an iconic mafia movie. This is one of the most quoted mafia movie quotes, spoken by legendary actor, Al Pacino.
- “When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?” Frank Costello (Jack Nicholson) “The Departed” (2006). This movie focuses on two men from the opposite sides of the law. It’s the story of being undercover within the police and the Irish mafia. This movie has some great quotes.
- “Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgment,” Michael Corleone (Al Pacino) “The Godfather: Part III” (1990). “The Godfather” movies are usually the first to come to mind when you mention mafia movies. Pacino’s character has tons of mafia movie quote gold.
- “If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions,” Jules (Samuel L. Jackson) “Pulp Fiction” (1994). This ground breaking mafia movie tells one story through scenes focusing on different characters. Jackson’s character is a mafia hit man and he delivered some great quotes.
- “And when the cops, when they assigned a whole army to stop Jimmy, what’d he do? He made ‘em partners,” Henry Hill (Ray Liotta) “Goodfellas” (1990). This movie is about working your way through the mafia hierarchy. It’s a classic mafia movie and has some great mafia movie quotes.
- “When my Johnny finds out how you slapped around his girl, you know what’s going to happen to you, fat boy?” Billie Frechette (Marion Cotillard) “Public Enemies” (2009). This movie details the story of John Dillinger, Baby Face Nelson and Pretty Boy Floyd during the crime boom of the 1930’s. This is a great Mafia movie quote because it shows the invisibility that mafia people feel.
- “The most important thing in business is honesty, integrity, hard work …family…never forgetting where we came from,” Frank Lucas (Denzel Washington) “American Gangster” (2007). This movie details Lucas and his drug smuggling business. This mafia movie quote shows the criminals with integrity mindset.
- “I’m the chief of police, not the chief of the people,” Police Chief Aiello (Daniel Louis) “Once Upon a Time in America” (1994). This movie focuses on a former Jewish mafia member and his life during prohibition.
- “In the casino, the cardinal rule is to keep them playing and to keep them coming back. The longer they play, the more they lose, and in the end, we get it all,” Ace Rothstein (Robert De Niro) “Casion” (1995). This movie tells of a strong friendship within the mafia, emphasizing the importance of loyalty to one's own.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Now Fat and Scruffy, Mark-Paul Gosselaar Tells Us All About ...
The man formerly known as Zack Morris is hairier, heftier and playing a Major League catcher in the new FOX show.