Maine is a wonderful place to grow up and live, so below we've listed the ten best Maine companies you should check out when you come to Vacationland.
- L.L. Bean. L.L. Bean is the mecca for all things outdoor. This Maine company sells any outdoor sports equipment you could possibly imagine needing, from fishing poles and canoes to backpacks and rainboots. 12 Nathan Nye St, Freeport, ME
- Hammond Lumber. Hammond Lumber is a diesel-powered sawmill, with retail lumber stores across the state. This is the best Maine company to get all your building supplies. 2 Hammond Drive, Belgrade, ME
- Cool As A Moose. Cool As A Moose has four locations, one in Canada and three in Maine. This Maine company is a great place to visit as a tourist, with their great moose logo on all their clothes and gift items. 100 Main St # 14, Freeport, ME
- Keoka Beach Campground. A place to kick back and relax around a campfire for cheap. Bring a tent or a trailer, set up camp, and drink beers by the lake. Also a great place to canoe, kyak, and fish. 530 Mill Hill Rd, Waterford, ME 04040
- Longfellow's Greenhouse. A gorgeous greenhouse in Maine with any gardening or landscaping need you could imagine all in one place. 81 Puddledock Rd, Manchester, ME 04351
- J & S Oil. One of the few gas stations left that still has Gas Attendants to pump your gas for you. 867 Western Ave, Manchester, ME
- Mulligan's. This small convenience store in Manchester has the most amazing white spinach pizza in the world. Add some bacon to it and it's heaven. 926 Western Ave, Manchester, ME
- Maurice's. Maurice's restaurant in Oxford County, Maine is the only place where you can get a lobster sandwich that actually has huge chunks of lobster, for only $6. 109 Main St, South Paris, ME
- Maine Tourism Association. Anything you need to know about Maine, you can learn by reading the Maine Tourism Association's magazine, "Maine Invites You." 327 Water St, Hallowell, ME
- Central Maine Power. Central Maine Power works hard to give its citizens the best electricity service. In 1998 during the ice storm they worked for two weeks straight to get power back into the Maine residents' homes. 83 Edison Dr, Augusta, ME
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …