The 10 best male athletes of all time come from all forms of sports from tennis to golf to football to baseball to boxing. They have succeeded greatly in their sport. They have drive, ability and pure determination. And most of all, they love what they do. These men are not only talented athletes but they are also legends of their game.
- Andre Agassi– Andre has to be one of the best male athletes of all time. He is a retired pro tennis player. He was ranked #1 in the world. Andre started playing pro tennis at the age of sixteen. He retired in 2006 because of back issues. His career winnings total $31,152, 975.
- Lebron James– Lebron is a pro basketball player for the NBA team, Miami Heat. At the age of eighteen, he was the #1 pick in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Cleveland Cavaliers. He has achieved many honors such as the NBA MVP in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 and NBA Rookie of the Year in 2003-2004.
- John Elway– John is one of the best male athletes of all time as a retired pro football player. John played as a quarter back for the Denver Broncos from 1986, when he was drafted until 1999, when he retired at the age of 38. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004.
- Bobby Orr– Bobby is one of the best hockey players of all time. He spent most of his career playing defense with the Boston Bruins. He played his final two seasons with the Chicago Blackhawks. Bobby won two Stanley Cups with the Boston Bruins. He played pro hockey from 1966-1978.
- Mike Tyson– Mike Tyson, no doubt, is one of the best male athletes of all time. Mike is pro boxer who has won 50 fights out of the 58 fights he competed in. He was the youngest boxer to ever win the WBC, WBA and IBF World Heavyweight titles. Ring magazine rated #16 on the first of 100 Greatest Punchers of all Time.
- Babe Ruth– Out of all the pro athletes, Babe Ruth is the best male athletes of all time. He was pro baseball player. He was born in 1985 and died at the age of 53 in 1948. He played baseball from 1914-1935. He started with the Boston Red Sox as a pitcher and then was to the NY Yankees.
- Joe Montana– Joe is a retired pro football player. He was drafted to the San Francisco in 1979 where he stayed until 1992. Joe retired from the sport in 1995. He has received many honors such as Sports Illustrated magazine “Sportsman of the Year” in 1990 and The Sporting News #3 on their list of “Football’s 100 Greatest Players” in 1999.
- Ty Cobb– Ty is one of the best male athletes of all time for his incredible career as a pro baseball player. Ty played as an outfielder for the Detroit Tigers for 22 seasons. He ended his career with the Philadelphia Athletics. He received more votes than anyone on the very first Baseball Hall of Fame ballot.
- Pete Rose– Even though Pete has been the subject of much controversy over the years, he is still one of the best male athletes of all time. He is a retired pro baseball player and manager. He played with the Cincinnati Reds from 1963-1978, the Philadelphia Phillies from 1979-1983, he Montreal Expos in 1984 and the Reds again from 1984-1986. H managed the Reds from 1984-1989.
- Tiger Woods– Tiger is one of the best golf players of all time. He is currently #1 in the world. Tiger is also the highest paid pro athlete in the world, earning an estimated $90.5 million in 2010. He was won fourteen pro major golf championships.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.