These 10 best male Christian singers are known for their amazing vocal talents as well as their prolific songwriting endeavors. They represent a variety of music genres from gospel music and contemporary Christian sounds to folk melodies and Christian rock. Ranging in age from 32 to 63, here are ten men who represent the very best in Christian music today. Their names are arranged alphabetically for convenience.
- Jeremy Camp Jeremy Camp, 32, is one of the most popular male Christian singers today. The young singer from Indiana has nearly 20 number one hit songs, including “Open Your Eyes,” written for the 2005 film “The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.” Camp’s original music mixes ballads with Christian rock.
- Michael Card Michael Card, 53, is a Christian singer, songwriter, author and radio host from Franklin, Tennessee. His songs are known for their folk melodies and biblical lyrics. He has had nearly 20 number one singles. “El Shaddai” is his most famous song.
- Stephen Curtis Chapman Stephen Curtis Chapman, 48, is an award-winning Christian singer-songwriter from Kentucky. His work includes contemporary Christian music, Christian rock and pop. Chapman is a vocal advocate for adoption. His song “Cinderella” was inspired by his adopted daughter, who died in an accident shortly after her fifth birthday.
- Steve Green Steve Green, 54, is a contemporary Christian singer from Oregon. He has won several awards over his 25-year career. He was one of the first singers to become involved with Promise Keepers, a conservative Christian organization for men. Many of Green’s songs are recognized as standards, such as “People Need the Lord.”
- Larnelle Harris Larnelle Harris, 63, is a gospel singer-songwriter from Kentucky. He has been a Christian singer for more than 30 years. His song “Mighty Spirit” was featured in a '90s television campaign for the Points of Light Foundation. He also sang the song for George and Barbara Bush at the White House.
- Brandon Heath Brandon Heath, 32, is a contemporary Christian music artist from Nashville, Tennessee. He came into prominence in the Christian music scene in 2006. His most popular hits include “I’m Not Who I Was” and “Give Me Your Eyes.”
- Matt Redman Matt Redman, 36, is an English worship leader, Christian singer and prolific songwriter. Many well-known contemporary Christian musicians have covered his songs. “Heart Of Worship” and “Better is One Day” are two of his most popular songs.
- Michael W. Smith Michael W. Smith, 53, is one of the most well-known and best-selling male Christian singers. The songwriter, composer and actor hails from Nashville, Tennessee. Smith has won dozens of awards through the years and he is one of the most influential artists in contemporary Christian music. Two of his early songs, “Place In This World” and “I Will Be Here For You,” were mainstream crossover hits.
- Chris Tomlin Chris Tomlin, 38, is an award-winning singer, worship leader and prolific songwriter from Texas. At one time, he served on the staff of Austin Stone Community Church. His many hits include “How Great is Our God,” “Jesus Messiah” and “Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone).”
- Wayne Watson Wayne Watson, 56, is an award-winning singer-songwriter of contemporary Christian music. For a time, he served as a music directory for a large Methodist church in Houston, Texas. Many of Watson’s songs are considered classics, including “For Such a Time as This” and “Touch of the Master’s Hand.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.