The 10 best male opera singers of all time is a list of talent that you may or may have not heard of. Some of the more talented opera singers made their reputations before recordings were available. So, as you read the list of the 10 best male opera singers of all time, remember that some of these men are just musical memories.
- Luciano Pavarotti. At the height of his fame, Luciano Pavarotti was simply known as Pavarotti. His booming voice made him an international superstar in opera and pop music as well. Pavarotti passed away in 2007.
- Placido Domingo. Placido Domingo is a multi-talented tenor opera singer who also acts as a orchestra conductor from time to time. He is best known as part of the Three Tenors singing group with Luciano Pavarotti and Jose Carreras.
- Jose Carreras. Jose Carreras is a Spanish tenor with a huge voice and known as being a part of the Three Tenors with Placido Domingo and Luciano Pavarotti. He has been singing opera since he was eight years old and holds a place as one of the best male opera singers of all time.
- Justino Diaz. Justino Diaz is known the world over for being the first opera singer of Puerto Rican descent to win the Metropolitan Opera of New York's annual opera contest. He won in 1963, and made his full performance debut at the Metropolitan Opera later that year.
- Norman Allin. Norman Allin was extremely active in the British Opera Community. He founded the British National Opera Company in 1921, and was world renowned for his perfect bass voice. The member of the list of the best male opera singers of all time also taught music at some of the most prestigious music schools in England.
- Ferdinand Frantz. Ferdinand Frantz is a name that many music fans know, but some may not know why they know it. He was a German opera singer most known for his performance in Wagner operas. His recordings become some of the most popular ever released in Germany.
- Robert Hale. Robert Hale is one of the few American opera singers on the list of the best male opera singers of all time. He has studied in some of the more well-known music schools in America including the New England Conservatory of Music.
- Marcel Journet. Marcel Journet was a bass opera singer who was born in France, but his career reached all over the world. He spent most of his time performing in Europe performing Wagner operas.
- Kurt Moll. Kurt Moll was born with one of the widest ranges opera fans had ever heard. He sang primarily in Europe until his American debut in 1971. His wide range and articulate performances make him one of the best male opera singers of all time.
- Mikhail Svetlov. Mikhail Svetlov is known for his deep bass voice and his ability to add drama or comedy to his acting performance. He was an accomplished pianist and choral arranger as well as a dedicated singer and actor.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …