Sports enthusiasts often ponder, who are the 10 best male runners ever? Runners all over the globe gear up to attempt to topple the records of their idols. These ten men have conquered the field. They deserve the crown as the best male runners ever. They have brought home glory to their country with determination and hard work.
- Haile Gebrselassie: This Ethiopia native placed first in the Berlin Marathon at two hours three minutes, and 59 seconds. This Berlin raced earned Mr. Gebrselassie the honor of being the world record holder. This record had not been broken since the 1908 Summer Olympics and has not been broken since.
- Usain Bolt: Born in Jamaica this lightening flash sprinter has proven to be a force to be reckon with on the field. He currently holds the Olympic world record in three different races. He has won the distinguished IAAF World Athlete of the Year award as well as many others.
- Michael Johnson: This household name sprinted his way into the hearts of American race fans. This four time Olympic gold medal winner holds the distinction of being the only athlete to win two events at the same Olympic games. He won the world championship on eight occasions.
- Carl Lewis: Born in the United States of America this Alabama native is also a household name in the United States of America. He has won ten Olympic medals as well as ten World championships. He was honored as the Sportsman of the Century as well as the Olympian of the century.
- Donovan Bailey: One of the best male runners ever was born in Canada. Donovan Bailey holds the distinction of being a five time Olympic champion as well as a five time World champion. He defeated Michael Johnson in the World fastest man competition which firmly places him in history.
- Tyson Gay: Mr. Gay is another American who is considered one of the best male runners ever. This Florida native holds the distinction of being the second runner to win three events at the Olympics. His ongoing feud with fellow best male runner ever, Usain Bolt has been of great interest to fans.
- Maurice Green: When considering the best male runner ever, no list would be complete without Maurice Green. He won four Olympic medals. He also is a five time World Championship winner. He has held countless records and continues to endear himself to track fans all over the world.
- Asafa Powell: This Jamaican sprinter is one of the fastest men in the world. He is a Gold medal winner. He has also set records in several events. He currently holds the position as number three on the top ten men's athletes.
- Obadele Thompson: This choice for the best male runner ever was born in Barbados. He has placed and earned medals in several events. He was honored with becoming the Special Envoy to the Youth in his home country of Barbados. His many accomplishments make him one of the top ten male athletes.
- Edwin Moses: Born in the United States this this endearing athlete revolutionized track and field. This two time Olympic Gold winner and World championship winner beat many odds and records to become one of the best male runners ever. He won an amazing 122 competitions consecutively.
These ten athletes are the best male runners ever. They offer charisma and talent that is unmatched. They have accomplished breaking goals on the track and will also be known as the best on the field.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.