If you enjoy great music, then you'll surely want to check out this list of 10 best male singers. Whether you're a fan of rock or country, chances are pretty good your favorites were influenced by these talented artists. Give a listen and see if you don't agree that these are the best singers of all time.
- Frank Sinatra: A powerhouse of song, Frank Sinatra crooned his first number one hit in 1940 and was still scoring hits songs clear into 1994. One of the best singers of all time, he's known for his hit "New York, New York."
- Bing Crosby: The biggest box office draw of the '40s, many people are surprised to hear that Bing Crosby was the best-selling artist until well into the rock n' roll era. Certainly one of the best singers of all time, Bing had more number one singles than either Elvis or The Beatles. Even today, his song "White Christmas" is the most beloved of all Christmas songs.
- Elvis Presley: One of the greatest rockabilly artists to ever exist, Elvis Presley earns his place on our list of best singers for his great tributes to rock and roll as we know it. With his signature curled lip and those shameful pelvic thrusts, he changed the world singing hits like "Jailhouse Rock" and "Hound Dog" are perhaps his best-known.
- Josh Groban: A relatively young member on our list of the ten best singers of all time, Josh Groban didn't release his first album until the end of 2001. Within a year's time, it became a huge success and the album went double-platinum and already Grobin is considered to have one of the most beautiful male voices of all time.
- John Lennon: Naturally, we had to add John Lennon as no list of the best singers would be complete without him. A former member of the Beatles, John Lennon had just finished his solo album in 1980 when his life was tragically stolen away by an obsessed fan. We remember him with great songs like "Watching the Wheels" and "Merry Xmas (War is Over)."
- Otis Redding: If '60s soul was your thing, then you probably know who the great Otis Redding is. One of the most influential soul singers and best singers of all time, Otis Redding gave us classic hits like "[Sittin' On] The Dock of the Bay" and "Tramp."
- Johnny Cash: Very few people can come up with a list of the best singers of all time and not want to put Johnny Cash on it. Known for his distinctive and resonating baritone voice, Johnny Cash walked a fine line between country and rock n' roll. With hits like "Folsom Prison Blues" and "I Walk the Line," you can be pretty sure that Johnny Cash will influence younger artists for years to come.
- Ray Charles: Another king of soul that has to be mentioned on our list of best singers is the talented singer and keyboarder Ray Charles. Mixing contemporary jazz, blues, country and rock with powerful gospel-fueled vocals, Charles earned his first top 10 R&B hit with his 1951 release, "Baby, Let Me Hold Your Hand."
- James Brown: Not only is he one of the best singers in the world, he's also one of the men with the most titles. "The Godfather of Soul," "Mr. Dynamite" and "the Hardest Working Man in Show Business" were just a few of the titles given to legendary singer, James Brown. Appearing during the soul and funk movement of the '60s and '70s, James Brown's amazing voice and wild personality made him one of the most memorable singers in show-biz. Some great James Brown hits include "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" and the ever-popular "I Got You (I Feel Good)."
- David Bowie: Whether or not you agree about his belonging on the list of the 10 best singers of all time, one has to give David Bowie credit for his talent and diversity. Originally appearing in the late '60s, he changed the face of rock music forever more, embracing the glam-rock movement and creating "Ziggy Stardust."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?