If you're looking to find the 10 best martial arts fight scenes from cinematic history, then these ten hot selections may prove to be worthy. Jean Claude Van-Damme, Steven Seagal, Bruce Lee, Jet Li, and even Ralph Macchio, among others, have presented us with some of the most memorable martial arts fight scenes in film history. A martial arts fight scene doesn't always have to involve bare knuckles, knees, and feet, but they can also involve swords, knives, and even guns to a certain extent. Get your dukes up for the 10 best martial arts fight scenes.
- Frank Dux vs. Chong Li from "Bloodsport." It was the movie that made Jean Claude Van-Damme a big movie star and it had one of the best martial arts fight scenes ever depicted on the big screen. In the film's finale, Frank Dux (Van Damme) and Chong Li (Bolo Yeung) duke it out with fists, high kicks, knuckles, and an awesome 80's soundtrack.
- Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul from "Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace." If there was one impressive thing about the first 'Star Wars' prequel, then it had to be the climatic three-way duel between Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Maul which extends from a ship hangar then into a power reactor. This fight scene packs an impressive combination of European-style dueling as well as Kendo.
- Lee vs. Han from "Enter The Dragon." The epic climatic battle from "Enter The Dragon" involves our protagonist Lee (Bruce Lee) battling the film's nemesis Han (Shih Kien) in a room full of nothing but mirrors. This awesome battle contains an interesting breed of bare-knuckle martial arts fighting as well as weapons.
- Daniel LaRusso vs. Johnny Lawrence from "The Karate Kid." This 1980's blockbuster martial arts film features a climatic tournament fight between newcomer student Daniel LaRusso (Ralph Macchio) and his girlfriend's rival ex-boyfriend Johnny Lawrence (William Zabka). The fight is simple in concept but not so much for our protagonist as he pushes himself further and further with each injury in order to win the tournament.
- Han Sing vs. Trish O'Day from "Romeo Must Die." The film that was a milestone in not only martial arts movies but African American films as well. "Romeo Must Die" helped to propel Jet Li to super stardom, featuring one of the most romantic fight scenes between Jet Li and R&B singer Aaliyah, together and fighting as one.
- Kurt Sloane vs. Tong Po from "Kickboxer." Following on the heels of super stardom success with the movie "Bloodsport," Jean Claude Van-Damme struck gold again in "Kickboxer" with yet another memorable climatic arena fight between he and Tong Po (Michel Qissi), a looming and menacing undefeated champion, in a battle that involves knuckles, kicks, fire, ice, and even guns.
- The Bride vs. The Crazy 88's from "Kill Bill, Volume 1." Quentin Tarantino demonstrates his strength in martial arts fight scenes as a director in "Kill Bill, Volume 1" where he professionally maintains an effective balance of comedy, art, and gore as the Bride slices and dices her way through the Crazy 88's gang.
- Braden vs. Caifano from "Revenge of the Ninja." Released as the second part of the 'Ninja' trilogy, "Revenge of the Ninja" presents one of the longest and ultimate martial arts fight sequences ever filmed, involving our protagonist Braden as he orchestrates a full-fledge solo assault on the corrupt Caifano organization that extends throughout and on top of a skyscraper.
- Riggs vs. Joshua from "Lethal Weapon." This classic 80's buddy cop film culminates in a showdown on the lawn of Mel Gibson's partner in crime, played by Danny Glover, in which Gibson offers the villainous Gary Busey brawl it out with him in the rain before sending him off to prison.
- John Hatcher vs. Screwface's Brother from "Marked For Death." Considered to be one of Steven Seagal's best martial arts films, Seagal engages in a showdown with the villain's brother whom ends up getting his back broken and then thrown down an elevator shaft where he is impaled as soon as he lands.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."