After a breakup, there's nothing more satisfying than listening to a spiteful song with your ex in mind, so here are the 10 best mean break up songs. Whether you listen to these songs on your own or take that extra step and make them a mix CD full of spiteful and mean songs, these songs are sure to suit your purpose.
- "Seventy Times Seven" by Brand New. "Seventy Times Seven" is the ultimate mean breakup song. The singer is even wishing that the person he's singing to forgets drives drunk, forgets their seatbelt and gets into an accident. While by no means condoning drinking and driving, this song is nothing short of hateful and spiteful.
- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette. "You Oughta Know" is another classic mean breakup song. Yes, it's sung by a woman. but that doesn't mean guys can't use it too. It's a good mean breakup song if that ex left you for someone else.
- "Choke On This" by Senses Fail. If you're into harder music, then "Choke On This" is a good mean breakup song for you. In the beginning of the songs, the singer states, "Can't make a wife out of a whore." As far as females are concerned, you can't get much more mean that that.
- "Take A Bow" by Rihanna. "Take A Bow" is another mean breakup song that works, even though it's sung by a woman. One of the most verbally cutting lyrics is when she says, "You're so ugly when you cry. Please, just cut it out."
- "Lying is the Most Fun A Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off" by Panic! at the Disco. This song is another mean breakup song that's packed full of lyrical barbs. This song would be appropriate if that ex of yours cheated on you, lied to or in any way made you angry. You know it's going to be a mean song when even the title is mean.
- "Said the Spider to the Fly" by The Paper Chase. "Said the Spider to the Fly" can't be described as anything but an angry and mean breakup song. It's more of an alternative breakup song. But it's certainly one to consider if you're looking for a song to fit your angry, spiteful mood.
- "You're So Vain" by Carly Simon. "You're So Vain" is a classic breakup song. It's about telling that bigheaded ex of yours to get over themselves, already. They weren't that great.
- "Echo" by Gorilla Zoe. "Echo" is one of the most versatile breakup songs. The entire song is about the singer's ex being all alone and they only hear heir own echo because there's nobody there to care what they have to say. One of the best lyrics in this song is, "Now there's nobody left, to hear your complaining. I'm gone."
- "I Pray For You" by Jaron and the Long Road to Love. "I Pray For You" has a misleading title. It's not about forgiving those who have wronged you. It's about praying that those that have wronged you encounter every misfortune possible. Including blown tires, stalled engine, bad brakes and rogue flower pots to the head.
- "Heartless" by Kanye West. "Heartless" is yet another fitting mean breakup song. It's about that ex-girlfriend who took the singer's heart and stomped on it. He sings the song about how she's totally heartless and just needs to knock it off, already.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.