10 Best Metal Rock Bands
The 10 best metal rock bands have had a major influence on both genres of music.
- Black Sabbath. Indeed, Black Sabbath probably invented heavy metal. Deservedly, they belong at the top of the 10 best metal rock bands of all time.
- Rage Against the Machine. These innovative trail blazers blended the metal sound with hip hop, and would go on to inspire such bands as Slipknot and System of a Down to take a similar path.
- Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden continues to be the most influential, and one of the best metal rock bands.
- Metallica. Arguably the most successful band to have crossed over from the world of metal into mainstream rock, Metallica continues to rule the roost.
- Guns n’ Roses. No list of the best metal rock bands would be complete without Guns n’ Roses, though we’re talking about the original line-up here, not the present day version of the band!
- Judas Priest. Except for a brief three-year hiatus in the 1990's, Judas Priest has been going strong since 1968, making them something like the Rolling Stones of heavy metal.
- Megadeth. After leaving Metallic, Dave Mustaine went on to start his own heavy metal band, which has arguably been just as influential as his previous.
- Aerosmith. These 70's metal pioneers have had a long career and produced such unforgettable tunes as “Sweet Emotion” and “Walk This Way.”
- Venom. Venom is often credited with inventing black metal – and for this reason alone, they belong on any list of the best metal rock bands of all time.
- Pantera. Blending rock and metal into their own peculiar brand of thrash, Pantera rounds out our list of the best metal rock bands.
Posted on: Nov. 12, 2010