Metal encompasses a wide range of musical talent and while every person will have a different list, here are some of the 10 best metal singers. You may find that you have other picks but these are based on powerful voice, range and personal preference.
- Geoff Tate. The lead singer of Queensryche, Geoff Tate has a four octave vocal range that is outstanding and has been listed as the 12th greatest metal vocalist of all time in Hit Parader's top 100.
- Roger Daltry. As the lead singer of The Who, Roger Daltry has a haunting, yet powerful voice that has led to many top hits. He is also an actor and producer.
- Bruce Dickinson. The lead singer for Iron Maiden and a solo artist, Bruce Dickinson has a unique voice with range and power and is a successful recording artist.
- Jim Gilette. Perhaps most known for his marriage to Lita Ford, Jim Gilette has one of the best vocal ranges in music. He was the front man for the band, Nitro and now tours with his wife.
- Steve Perry. Named as the 76th greatest singer by Rolling Stone, Steve Perry was the lead singer for the band Journey and later a successful solo artist as well.
- Sebastian Bach. Sebastian Bach was the lead singer for Skid Row. He is originally from Canada and has enjoyed a successful career in music as well as a reality show career and Broadway. His vocal range and talent makes him one of the best metal singers of all time.
- Don Dokken. Don Dokken was originally the lead singer for the band Dokken, which he later left for a solo career. He then returned to Dokken and continues to put out hauntingly beautiful songs with his melodic vocal style.
- Joe Lynn Turner. As a member of Heavy Metal's All Time 100 Vocalists by Hit Parader, Joe Lynn Turner has had success with both Rainbow and Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force.
- Robert Plant. A huge success with Led Zeppelin as well as a solo career, Robert Plant displays a wide range of vocal talent and was the number one pick of the 100 Greatest Metal Vocalists of All Time as well as number 15 on the Greatest Singers of All Time by Rolling Stone Magazine.
- Freddy Mercury. While some don't necessarily consider Freddy Mercury a metal vocalist, he is on the top of Hit Parader's Top 100 and definitely deserves a place in this list as one of the top metal vocalists ever.
Music and talent are always subjective and opinions may differ. However, this is a list that showcases some of the best talent out there.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.