After an extensive search throughout the U.S., mademan.com has compiled a list of the Top 10 Best Mexican Restaurants in America. If you’re looking for the absolute best Mexican cuisine north of the border, this list is for you.
- La Palapa– With locations in the East Village and the West Village of New York City, La Palapa tops our list of top ten restaurants in America. While every entrée at La Palapa is good, the weekend brunch is an event not to be missed. La Palapa: multiple locations.
- XOCO– Though it’s only slightly bigger than a shoebox, XOCO serves Mexican food with big taste. The fresh churros alone are enough to make this restaurant one of America’s 10 best Mexican restaurants. Not only is XOCO’s food delicious, they’re also environmentally friendly; the restaurant has received the LEED gold certification. XOCO: 449 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654. (312) 334-3688.
- La Fiesta Mexicana– Gourmet magazine rated La Fiesta Mexicana as the best Mexican restaurant in America. Serving authentic Mexican cuisine in an unassuming atmosphere, every dish La Fiesta Mexicana serves is a masterpiece. If you’re wondering what to order, the amarillitas are an excellent choice. La Fiesta Mexicana: 529 West Cross Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI. (734) 483-1666.
- Border Grill– Border Grill specializes in inventive upscale Mexican cuisine with kick. The ceviche is stellar, but you can’t go wrong with any menu item. Border Grill: multiple locations.
- Ortega 120– What sets Ortega 120 apart from other to Mexican restaurants is its absolute addiction to quality ingredients. All of Ortega 120's entrees are made with hormone and antibiotic-free meats and makes this an excellent addition to our ten best Mexican restaurants in America list. Seafood dishes are definitely Ortega 120’s specialty. Ortega 120: 1814 S. Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach, CA 90277. (310) 792-4120.
- Salpicon– Providing light Mexican cuisine in an upscale atmosphere is what places Salpicon on the list of 10 best Mexican restaurants in America. In addition to a staggering selection of menu items, Salpicon offers an amazing wine list as well. Salpicon: 1252 N. Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60610. (312) 988-7811.
- El Coqui– With only four tables and a very small counter, be prepared for a long wait at El Coqui. If you manage to get a table, you’ll be rewarded with absolutely stunning cuisine. Open in 2009, El Coqui is the newest restaurant to be featured on our list of 10 best Mexican restaurants in America. El Coqui: 2406 E. Washington Street, Orlando, FL 32801. (407) 601-4928.
- Rosa Mexicano– Rosa Mexicano is the creator of upscale Mexican cuisine. Enjoy the freshest Mexican meals in absolute opulence. Rosa Mexicano’s guacamole is famous and should not be missed. Rosa Mexicano: multiple locations.
- Babita Mexicuisine– An eastside mainstay, Babita Mexicuisine serves exceptional Mexican cuisine in an unassuming atmosphere. Don’t expect luxury surroundings or a fancy wine list; Babita Mexicuisine’s sole focus is on providing excellent food, and that alone is enough to land it a place on our list of 10 Best Mexican restaurants in America. Babita Mexicuisine: 1823 S. San Gabriel Boulevard, San Gabriel, CA 91776. (626) 288-7265.
- La Fonda on Main– La Fonda offers old Mexican cuisine in lavish settings. Tacos de pescado is an exceptionally good menu choice. The outdoor seating area makes for a beautiful evening. La Fonda on Main: 2415 N. Main Avenue,San Antonio, TX 78212. (210) 733-0621.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."