El Paso is one of the greatest places to experience an authentic Mexican meal and the 10 best Mexican restaurants in El Paso display the true culture of the border city. These restaurants have soul, flavor, and fun.
- Victoria's. Always serving lunch specials starting at only $5.99, Victoria's is both delicious and inexpensive. Every meal is served with fresh tortilla chips, and two types of salsa. It is usually easy to get a seat at this colorful and decorative restaurant. The wait staff keeps a smile on their face while serving plates of enchiladas, tacos, shrimp cocktail and other favorites. Victoria's: 8949 Dyer St El Paso, TX 79904 (915) 751-0448.
- Avila's. This restaurant is the home of the very tasty, complimentary, soapapillas. Like the other 10 best Mexican restaurants, they serve fresh chips and salsa before every meal. They are known for the enchiladas served with the most popular refried beans in town. Avila's: 6232 N. Mesa St El Paso, TX 79912 (915) 584-3621.
- La Malinche. Considered to be one the most easily accessible restaurants around the city, has multiple locations. The hours are not too great for late night dining, closing at 8 p.m. during the week and 5 p.m. on Sundays. The weekends are usually busy due to menudo only being served on Saturday and Sunday. La Malinche: 301 Texas Ave El Paso, TX 79901 (915) 544-8785.
- Carnitas Queretaro. Known for its savory pulled pork queretaro plate, Carnitas Queretaro is a winner with the locals. The drinks are affordable, and the dining room is relaxing and soothing. The menu has a diverse selection great for the whole family. Carnitas Queretaro: 6516 N Mesa St El Paso, TX 79902 (915) 543-9229.
- Los Bandidos de Carlos & Mickey's. Serving some of the largest margarita's in the city, this is a good place to relax with some friends after work. Los Bandidos de Carlos & Mickey's is one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city because they often have live entertainment. For those who enjoy more of a Tex-Mex style meal, this is an experience they don't want to miss. Los Bandidos de Carlos & Mickey's: 1310 Magruder Street, El Paso, TX 79925 (915) 778-3323.
- Ciro's. Considered to be a definite favorite by most, Ciro's has a colorful menu that represents true Mexican heritage. The flautas are covered in avocado, sour cream, and tomato sauce to represent the colors of the Mexican flag. The main location is open late on weekends. They are open until 3 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. It's easy to find some chile rojo and spanish rice at any of their many locations. Ciro's: 3710 Montana Ave El Paso, TX 79903 (915) 562-2476.
- Leo's. Has been serving as one of El Paso's best Mexican restaurants for 60 years. The baked cheese enchiladas are divine and hold a flavor like no other. Groups are welcome to enjoy one of their mouth watering party trays. Leo's: 7520 Remcon Cir El Paso, TX 79912 (915) 833-1189.
- Chico's Tacos. Usually attracting the younger crowd, Chico's is the most affordable and family friendly restaurant on the list. Their is nothing fancy about this establishment, however the food is unique. Rolled tacos served soaked in a distinguished tomato juice is the most popular plate in the sun city. They are loaded with cheese, and a side of green salsa. Chico's Tacos: 5305 Montana Avenue, El Paso, TX 79903 (915) 772-7777.
- Andale. Another great place to find menudo, Andale has a reputation for serving the best breakfast. This is a great place to eat if you are dining on a budget and the Spanish omelette is a must. Andale is a restaurant that really cares about their customers. That is why they offer transportation for those who have had to much to drink in their restaurant. Andale: 9101 Gateway West 79925 (915) 590-5999.
- The Riviera. "Guaranteed Great or its Free" is their slogan. All of the lunch specials are made from scratch with fresh ingredients. With prices starting at $5.79, you won't have to break the bank. Above all, the beautiful patio dining is what makes this one of the best Mexican restaurants in the city. The Riviera: 5218 Doniphan Dr El Paso, TX 79932 (915) 584-1542.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.